ardent

everything falls

Maverick

gems
size
build
player
11-04-2013, 06:15 PM

It was pitiful that neither of them were more excited about this monumental phenomenon, and yet it made sense given their situation. A sigh rang from his lips, ironically only half a second after her own. It seemed they were in sync, even when they weren't trying to be. 'They will be winter children.' There was still a decent bit of fall to go, but he knew winter would be on its way soon enough - already he could feel the earth chilling in preparation. It was only a matter of time before she began to show, before she was heavy laden with who knew how many children. 'What did you need to tell me?' He breathed in air very slowly, buying himself time. ?Rumor is.. Bronze and Themisto have been stolen. There's nothing to be said about Pontifex. Epiphron.. I never expected them not returning - but the possibility of that is very high now.? He sighed, eyes closing in frustration and fear. ?I don't know where to begin anymore.? He leaned into her for support. ?I'm afraid,? he choked out - two words he'd probably never uttered before in his entire life. Fear wasn't a feeling he was used to, it was something foreign and unsettling in his stomach. His head hung low, knowing she must feel as if he'd failed her - failed everyone.

?speak,?