An icon representing the specialty Unarmed Unarmed

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Critical Attack!OverachieverSamhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipUnderachieverAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Lighting McQueen1KPride - Pansexual
10-26-2023, 07:16 AM
Sitting around and talking about her feelings never did her any good. She tended to not dwell on thing and feel sorry for herself for that reason along. Sure, she missed her siblings, but being bummed about it didn't do any good. Briefly her mind drifted to Ophie, as it did so often these days, but she always decided that dwelling on her did no good either. "I'm sure," she agreed, sounding genuine as she nodded along to Nirvana comparing their lives in that way. Family was family, no matter how you framed it, and she did understand the pull of those bonds even if she didn't agree with sacrificing everything for them.

It seemed Nirvana had dreams of her own beyond staying and supporting her family. Unsurprisingly, Kaija would only encourage that. "I say you do it. Your family should be happy for you if you're happy, yeah?" And if not? Fuck 'em. Kaija knew not everyone had that kind of flippant attitude though and she knew expressing it wouldn't change Nirvana's mind on the matter, no matter how she felt about it, so she didn't bother.

Still she spoke on those thoughts, coming a little closer now to how Kaija felt. "Ain't strange at all. Exploring is my thing. Life just wouldn't be the same without that freedom, not to me," she added with a shrug. Her question perked Kaija right up though, breathing harder now as they climbed even higher. The terrain here was uneven and admittedly dangerous, and every so often she had to pause to assess her path before continuing on. "Probably further south, I think. I need a change of scenery."

What exactly she needed, Kaija wasn't sure, but she was going to find out. She hummed thoughtfully at Nirvana's question - as much of a hum as she could muster, as hard as she was breathing - and considered it. "One of the coolest places I've ever seen is way, way west of here. No fucking clue how I'd point out the location, but," she started, giving a snort. How could one really explain how to get to a non-descript cave? It wasn't like pointing out an island, on a mountain range, that was for sure. "Looked like a regular cave from the outside, but inside it was packed full of these weird, glowing mushrooms. They were everywhere. Looked like something out of a dream," she admitted with a chuckle.

"I'm partial to the north though, as far as sight-seeing goes. Real far north there's this castle covered in ice - like, completely iced-over. I love that part of the north, where it's all ice as far as you can see." See, Kaija could be all poetic and thoughtful and shit sometimes. Maybe just not often. But it was true, she loved the frigid cold north with all her heart, and how could she not when the northern blood of the Jarvela ran through her veins?

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. northern attitude Mount Volkan 12:26 PM, 08-09-2023 08:06 AM, 01-30-2024