gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

11-05-2023, 10:19 AM

The strange woman of the valley was a seemingly bitter individual. And there was obvious depth to her that went way below the surface. Mariah, however, wasn't interested in venturing down to the seabed, and she would simply give a noncommittal shrug instead. "No, I guess my mother left out the part of paranoia when she was teaching me life skills. But I would think everyone knows atrocities to some degree- some more intimately than others it would seem.” She answered lightly, her tone just as steady and even as the fae that stood before her. She wouldn't let her gaze waver from the eyes of the other, but her head tilted slightly, as though she was deciding something. "I suppose I have been blessed with the kind of life that doesn't need to face oppression and fear daily. But I don't think that that's a virtue, it's just luck.” Mariah ultimately agreed, restating the words to herself on her own tongue. If that was the acknowledgment the stranger was looking for or not, she didn't know.

As the monochromatic fae answered her philosophical question, Mariah offered a slow nod. She listened. Was that sad? "If it's any consolation, I'll mourn the child who was forced to accept that truth. Of course, you are likely right in your assumption that I know very little about how the world works. Still, I'm not so sure that makes me envious of your knowledge.” Mariah finished, allowing her attention to linger for a few more moments before offering a half-sided grin. Without offering a farewell, Mariah slowly turned her back on the stranger altogether to ascend to the top of the ridge line where she had left her brother. What more was there to say?

-Exit unless stopped-
"Mariah Mendacium"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Some Look for Trouble The Polar Sound 04:14 PM, 10-23-2023 08:53 PM, 11-25-2023