An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Ooh La LaSamhain 2022LegendaryPride - DemisexualTeacher
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3VengeanceCritical Fail!Ice Bridge Explorer1K
11-06-2023, 12:37 AM

When her father took note of the dagger she was carrying it, commenting on its newness, she smiled proudly and nodded. "Artorias surprised me with it for our anniversary. It's made from the same Carpathian steel as his sword," she explained, leaning her head down to pull it free from it's scabbard for a moment so her father could see the slightly blue steel in the sunlight and the fire opal inlayed into the hilt. As Artorias added that it had been high time that she have her own family heirloom, she gave him a loving glance before she put away her dagger and refocused on the sudden visit from her father. It was obvious something was on his mind, but she truely couldn't remember the last time she had seen him fully at ease so she couldn't immediately tell if something was genuinely wrong or if it was just his usual, general stress.

It turned out to unfortunately be the latter as he revealed that the Col had been hit with a flash flood. Her smile immediately dropped from her lips as worry creased her brow–especially when he revealed that there had been several injuries and two deaths. So many of her siblings still lived in the Armada so of course she immediately began to worry that the deaths might have been them, but her father luckily dashed that fear before it could really take hold. She was able to relax a bit at that, but the next bit of news was nearly as difficult to hear. She and Artorias had become quite fond of Keahi and Ruga both from their various visits and all of the work that Ruga had done for them over the years with their weapons and the large table that now dominated the castle's meeting room. "That's terrible... I'm so sorry, dad..." she said softly on the heels of Artorias' condolences for the Armada's loss. The slip in his expression was brief, but she still noticed and she leaned forward to gently nose his cheek again in a bit of encouragement.

Her father's request for supplies and a healer was expected and she was quick to nod in agreement while Artorias offered the preserved food from their stores, the blankets that she had been working on with the pups, and the assistance of Gwynevere. "We're always here when you need us, dad," she insisted, giving him a small smile. She knew that if anything ever happened here he would be the first one at their door to help as well so their help was never one sided. "I can come up for a bit as well if it will help. The pups are old enough now to be without me for a few days."

"Artorias & Briar Carpathius"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Something has happened The Starlit Plains 05:35 PM, 09-09-2023 05:48 AM, 12-05-2023