size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

Student
11-09-2023, 05:19 PM

The hodgepodge hued girl looks down at her cousin with a wide smile as Clove excitedly confirms who she is. A warm laugh bubbles out as the pup eagerly talks about wanting to learn how to hunt and Callie cannot help but boast, “Well, between you and me, I know a few things about tracking. See my mom is the head hunter here!” Eyes sparkle with pride and she even puffs her chest out slightly but it quickly deflates as she excitedly says, “What do say we go on a proper hunt? There is a herd of gazelle grazing near the plains and we can bring one down! Come on, follow me!”

With a wink, Caladia turns and leads the pair out to where she last spotted the gazelles and, when they can spy the group in the distance, she calls a halt. Turning to Clove, Callie says, “Okay! So that is the herd. Take a moment and register their scent, for the future.” She sets the example by pulling in a deep breath through her nostrils and the girl quickly catalogues the various scents that linger in the air, labeling and setting aside the ones that are useful until she finds the herd’s scent.

Looking down to Clove, she makes sure that her cousin has the scent as well before Callie moves on with the lesson, “Now, it is important that we get as close to the herd as possible before revealing ourselves. We will crouch down low and slowly make our way toward them. Use the tall grass as much as possible to hide your form. And keep close to me.” A wide, warm smile is offered as Callie carefully reviews what else she should tell the pup.

“Okay, so, the plan is, when get close enough, I will give you nod and then that happens, we charge toward the herd. I want you keep level with my hip until I have separated the gazelle we will bring down from the group. At that point, I want you run up beside me and keep pace. Also, stay clear of the hooves and let me bring it down. Any questions?” Caladia’s smile brightens as she looks at Clove, hoping she has overwhelmed her cousin with the information dump.

"Caladia Carpathius"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Sniff Sniff Amron's Castle 11:43 AM, 07-31-2023 03:13 PM, 01-21-2024