Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Indie

Rapid Poster - GoldHomebodyTeacherBest BudsDouble Master1K
Samhain 2022
11-11-2023, 09:50 AM

As Aresenn trudged through the dense forest, his mind raced with thoughts of what he had just done. He couldn't believe that he had killed a dumb kid over a measly bag and its contents. He hadn't expected Absinth to simply just let things go. So it wasn't a surprise that she came running after him. Demanding an explanation, but Aresenn simply didn't know how to give her one. How could anything like that be explained? At last she rounded on him, cutting his path back toward their camp off. Aresenn stopped walking with Absinth's sudden placement. Though, his eyes looked straight ahead, trying to avoid her gaze. He knew that he couldn't avoid her forever. But he didn't want to face her just yet. Not while he still struggled with the guilt and self-disgust. "What do you want me to say, Absinth?” Aresenn finally spoke, his voice laced with frustration. "I killed someone. For what? A bag and a knife? Some pieces of food?" He clenched his jaw then, as he recounted the mutilated carcass- that he didn't entirely remember doing himself. It was the feeling of forgetting a dream after just waking up. But it couldn't be forgotten entirely as all the evidence lay before him.

He shook his head, unable to meet her gaze. "I don't know what it was,” he admitted, his voice low as he answered her truthfully. "I don't know when it's going to happen, or even why it happens. But I lose control, and I don't know how to get it back.” There was an edge of desperation in his voice. He wasn't sure she'd understand- even if she wanted to give him understanding. He plainly didn't deserve it.

Aresenn finally looked at her then, though his amber gaze remained hardened. "Maybe you should run. What if it is you next time?” He threatened- but not a willing one. At no point was there any rational thought put into those actions. And if it had been her ... he didn't think he could live with himself.

"Aresenn Praetor"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. With Pace and a Fury Defiant The Red Forest 11:40 PM, 11-09-2023 01:56 AM, 12-29-2023