An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipPride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Legendary
Derby WinnerHomebodyLighting McQueenExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
Halloween 2020 - Haunted House1KBeevent
11-12-2023, 02:25 PM

Hanako's chest stung, like a painful rejection, one she wasn't accustomed to feeling. And he had every right to be mad in a way, even Hanako's mental gymnastics couldn't twirl itself out of reach of that very truth. She did not pull away when perhaps she ought to, it made her sad in a way to see that he'd grown so tall, that he had such heavy burdens upon his shoulders. When had he stopped being a boy and turned into a man? She'd missed it, like a lot of things in his life. Not meant to be a mother, but more of a friend, to be liked and loved but not held accountable.

"Don't say that." There were hurt in her voice, though not quite so profound as his. And she did love him, but it wouldn't be enough because love of and in itself would never be enough. Not right or what he needed at the end of the day. "My sweet boy, you are enough and you've always been enough." The sweet words passed her lips, what she thought he wanted and needed to hear. And they weren't lies, perhaps white ones in a way, but she did think there was truth to be found in them. "You are the best of us and you always have been." She reached up to touch his muzzle, her paw felt so tiny in comparison so his face alone. "I'm not strong like you, I see trouble and I..I run. And I know it's wrong of me, I'll do better for you. I promise."

[Image: dfvjf24-4160f57c-3b2d-47de-b3e1-aa34987f...SqQlFNW-eM]

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. A family breaking Whistling Willows 10:44 AM, 09-25-2023 03:32 AM, 02-13-2024