Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Indie

Rapid Poster - GoldHomebodyTeacherBest BudsDouble Master1K
Samhain 2022
11-27-2023, 03:34 PM

Aresenn looked at Absinth, his eyes betraying a hint of surprise at her insight. Somehow, he was never going to grow accustom to having himself laid out in conversation in the manner she seemed to have a talent for doing so. At some point though, her conversational questions seemed to transition into more of a breakdown of a failing social experiment. He didn’t necessarily feel attacked by it, but truth had a way of packing a bite along with it. Clearing his throat, he maintained his line of sight away from his company as he spoke. “I wouldn’t have called it romanticizing, but I suppose that’s what it could be … I don’t know. I like her, and I do feel guilty about it … but not enough to stop.” He didn’t feel like he had to admit to being afraid of showing his true self to her for what would happen. Absinth already knew.

Truthfully, he hadn’t really anticipated how involved the conversation would become in his own dealings after the admission of his own Karaka. As he looked her over, offering his half-hearted grin, he was met with a look from her that was more empty- withdrawn in the workings of her own mind. “I’m sorry as well. But even as I can see where the path is leading, I won’t abandon it-“ He attempted to interject, though cut himself off as she advised that he not get more attached. That he would be a fool if he continued to pretend. “I never claimed not to be a fool, but I-“ Aresenn tried again, but didn’t see the point to continue trying to get his own words in edgewise. You split yourself further given your … condition. That stung a little bit. Not that it wasn’t the truth- not that it wasn’t something he was already very much aware of. It was still something that was difficult to hear regurgitated to him. The grin had long since faded from his expression as he looked away from her once more. Do you want to be a good man? Or is it a fleeting fancy? He didn’t know. “Can you prioritize your damn questions!?” The words reverberated in the space between them with a little more volume than he had originally intended. But the tension that had slowly been building within needed an outlet, better in tone of voice than something more unforgivable. “I didn’t ask for the guided tour of whatever illusion I care to live in.” His annoyance was clear, his muscles tensing as he shoved himself back into a standing position. Looking over his shoulder, he saw a scraggly bit of cover in the distance. Making the decision to go scavenge for kindling and fuel for a fire was one easily made. While he didn’t look at her then, he did open himself up so that he could be easily heard. “We need firewood.” And that was all the explanation he would offer as he turned on his heels to go find the space he needed.

-Fade for Firewood gathering-

"Aresenn Praetor"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. LIQUID SMOOTH Devil's Spout 09:36 PM, 11-21-2023 11:48 PM, 01-01-2024