An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
TrenRanu

TeacherWinnerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Pride - DemisexualPride - BisexualPride - Demisexual
Double MasterWordyStudentBest BudsHomebodyRapid Poster - Rainbow
11-28-2023, 02:40 AM
Absinth had only heard his statement about admitting guilt and his inability to stop what he was doing before her own words and thought processes drowned out everything else. She could not control it. It was like liquid venom was spewing from her lips. She was verbally lashing him repeatedly through it all. She hadn’t even noticed the smile drop from his face. Only when she finished speaking did he finally get a word in, and it was plain to see she had crossed a line - or many. Aresenn stood after shooting back at her for her careless breakdown of his situation, mentioning the need for firewood as he left her with the tense silence she was solely responsible for.

Fuck. That was… bad. She knew she was in the wrong. She wasn’t so much of an asshole as to be blind to how she had deconstructed his words and feelings - then threw them back in his face with added malice. Absinth watched his form retreat, standing as she did so. A quiet growl of irritation left her, eyes falling to the empty space he left in his wake. Why did she do that? What? So he would close himself off to her? Never open up about himself again? I’m the fucking fool. Absinth allowed herself to collapse back down onto the ground, concentrating on what she was going to say when he returned. She just hoped it wouldn’t be more verbal battery.

-Fade in-

As footfalls signaled his approach, Absinth turned to glance at him briefly before her gaze dropped to her ivory paws. It had been… shitty of her to crucify him for sharing that part of himself. She needed to fix this. “Sorry about… that.” She gritted her teeth, a sigh escaping her as she relented and sought eye contact. She had a much softer look on her face than when she was going off on her intense tangents at him, Emeralds apologetic even though she didn’t know how to voice it properly. “Look, this is why I’ve never had friends. I get too.. passionate and I stop thinking about what the fuck I’m even saying. That was fucked up. You were only answering my question.” Visible frustration oozed from her body, her charcoal face setting in a hard look of contemplation. It wasn’t easy to pick apart her own reasonings for doing the things she did.

“I have a sort of.. hate for being untrue to oneself. You know, pretending to be meek, pretending to care about certain things, bending to the will of someone else. I hate weakness in general, and it reminds me of that… in a sense. It’s wildly hypocritical of course - I’ve pretended to be something I was not before too.” She tried to explain, eyes casting upwards to the sky above as the darkness closed in all around them. The stars were twinkling. Probably laughing at her. “That’s really what bothered me. I can imagine you being some sort of proper gent, off talking about flowers or some shit and- ah. fuck. Absinth bit back her tongue for a few moments, bringing her focus away from her barely held back temper as it rose and fell in waves. She wanted to apologize, damn it! Not push him away! Stupid fucking mouth.

Regaining her rationality, she realigned her gaze with his if he allowed; honesty dripping like thick honey from her inky lips. Possibly too hard to swallow, but at least it was sweeter this time. “It's just.. It’s a shame you have to be someone else. That look when you’re holding back, I saw it when you were talking. The repression I mentioned before. It's infuriating. Especially when I have seen so much more of you in the short time we’ve known each other.” Or at least that’s what she believed. The monochromatic fae finished with a low tone, uncertain if her explanation slash apology was sufficient. She felt as though her skin was bubbling at the, albeit small, loss of pride it took to try and remedy the damage she’d caused with her sharp tongue. A little bit of humility was an easy price to pay for her fuck up, particularly if it brought back Aresenn’s half grin. She was quite fond of it after all.

wormwood

m o o d b o a r d 
Absi is a mature character. She's very vulgar and volatile. Discretion advised.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. LIQUID SMOOTH Devil's Spout 09:36 PM, 11-21-2023 11:48 PM, 01-01-2024