size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
12-04-2023, 10:38 PM

The more Beauregard spoke of Norad, the more Artorias found himself hopeful that the neighboring pack would continue to thrive and flourish. Too much of the world had succumbed to darkness in recent years and it was a breath of fresh air to see not everyone held onto selfish interests in this difficult time. If others like Beauregard could continue to rise and make their voices heard, perhaps the good in this world still stood a chance to survive. He could see the Hallows and Norad getting along well, although it did sound like Norad's mission was much more direct at solving problems than the Hallows' was. Artorias still had to maintain their carefully constructed neutrality or risk ostracizing others from receiving aid they may have needed. More and more lately, it seemed the lines between right and wrong, good and evil, were being blurred. Would the Hallows be forced to take hard stances sooner rather than later?

Beauregard answered his question about his pack's status and the response was... troubling. Six adult wolves and six pups on the verge of winter, with their only healer elderly and partially blind. The odds were stacked against Norad, but this was not an untenable situation. Artorias remembered when the Hallows had moved down into the abandoned castle at the beginning of the endless winter some years ago, how resources had been scarce, and how they had managed to survive their trials. Norad was not a lost cause, and despite Beauregard's worries, the Aegis remained calm as he considered their neighbor's position. Down at his paws, Ember began to fidget, so Artorias dismissed his daughter with a gentle nuzzle to her back. Once Ember had left, Art focused all his attention back on Beauregard. "When the Hallows first took up residence in Auster, it was the beginning of winter, and we were a pack of mostly pups. I wasn't even a yearling at the time. Things were tough, but we persevered and we survived." Artorias nodded his head to Beauregard for him to follow as he rose to his paws. "Norad will survive too. Governing is hard, especially when it's in its infancy. Packs are most easily snuffed out in their first year. But if you keep your head about you and use your resources wisely, you will survive."

Artorias began to lead Beauregard on a casual walk around the perimeter of the Hallows so they could speak without sitting idle. He glanced over to Beau, amber eyes holding the pale blue eyes of his compatriot. "By seeking help and forming relationships early, you're already doing that. Friends and aid are resources as well, and we would be happy to lend Norad whatever it needs from us." The Hallows had been blessed to be so fortunate and bountiful, it only felt right. Paying it forward, in a sense. "If I'm honest, I'm shit with knowing what most plants do, but my sister is our lead healer. I'll have her craft a care package of necessary herbs for you and the pups to make it through the winter. You can find most of the plants in the God's Garden as well." As for caring for the puppies, Artorias could only give an empathetic sigh and a chuckle. "When my first litter was born, I also felt like a fish out of water. I relied heavily on the advice and guidance of my mate, my mother, my sister, anyone who could give some to me. Don't be afraid to admit when you're out of your element, and just keep your wits about you. Oh, and puppies are bouncy, so don't fret over them too much." Another chuckle from the dire brute, as well as some more reassurances. "The Hallows always has warm fires and hot meals to go around. Your pups will never go hungry if you come to us."

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. I will climb every hill, every mountain Till I've seen them all Amron's Castle 09:09 PM, 11-05-2023 07:46 PM, 03-18-2024