Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Indie

Rapid Poster - GoldHomebodyTeacherBest BudsDouble Master1K
Samhain 2022
12-07-2023, 09:55 PM

It didn’t take him long to gather what he needed to get a campfire started and fed. Yes, his mouth was full of various kindling and deadened limbs, but it wasn’t like he needed to hear his own voice in order to be content alone. But of course, he wasn’t alone. Returning to the point where he had left his company, he didn’t see much point in seeking out her eye contact. His attention fixed on a central location, he moved to allow the gathered resources fall to the ground- at the same time she began what seemed to be an apology. “No need.” Aresenn answered her rigidly, amber gaze searching for the bag he had left in the shadows of eventide. Each advancement he made was a fluid one- met with purpose and clear intention. He found the flint and steel where he had left it secured.

As she spoke, he listened, though his attention remained fixed to his task before him. With a strike of the knife, a small shower of sparks descended on the dried grass. In only a couple of attempts, it had already begun to smolder. He wouldn’t deny that he was a little confused when she claimed to hate pretending. How many times had she proclaimed to love playing games? She pointed it out herself that it was a hypocritical sentiment, and he didn’t see the point in pushing her on the topic. As she went on to express her feelings on the topic, the fire began to steadily grow. Working its way through the twigs as it burned brighter and hotter. Once he was satisfied that it didn’t need his immediate attention, he looked at Absinth then. Finding her emerald gaze looking back at his. It’s a shame you have to be someone else. Was it? Aresenn cleared his throat then, returning his attention to fledgling campfire- only looking back at her when she was finished. “You understand I have no idea who I am, right? That the only thing I am adamantly against is not being able to make my own choices. Is that the part that you’re talking about me repressing? If so, you’re going to have to get used to it, because I refuse to allow my condition to go unchecked if there is anything I can do to prevent it.” His tone was relatively casual, though when he recycled her words, he couldn’t help the edge as it manifested in his voice. "Andromeda is friends with the boy that I was …” More or less. They met when things were much simpler to say the very least. “If I have to maintain a facade to see that friendship to its end, then I will." He paused for a brief moment before continuing. "And I will give the same loyalty to you.” Aresenn trailed off. He couldn’t imagine the scenario where the bond he was forming with this girl could possibly be over. But all good things had to come to an end, right? He would stick around to see the end of it.

Staring back into the crackling blaze, it was easy to get lost in thought. Honestly, though, it wasn’t even that her words were incorrect. The irritating part was how right they were. Perhaps this momentary rift hadn’t been caused by resentment but by denial on his part. Who was to say? Though he wasn’t interested in answering any more conflict. Casting a sideways look towards his bag. He retrieved the bottle of spirits that they hadn’t quite finished off during the previous night’s misadventures. There was very little thought put into the sudden swig he took off the top. When he was done, he offered it to his company by setting it down in her direction. If she wanted any of it or not, he didn’t care. The point was, he didn’t think it could hurt things.

"Aresenn Praetor"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. LIQUID SMOOTH Devil's Spout 09:36 PM, 11-21-2023 11:48 PM, 01-01-2024