size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Bird

Double Master1KHalloween 2020 - Spooky Cave
12-09-2023, 08:38 PM

At first, Mortem said nothing in reply to her question of his way of addressing his lost sister and goddess. She took his laying down as a submission of sorts, at least the closest she could get from the family's reaper. Each of her found siblings seemed to forget decorum when it came to addressing the Amarix Matriarch, but no matter, she would remind them all soon enough who the boss was. Watching Mortem lower his front half then the back, she licked her lips irritably, her brow furrowing just a bit. Most wouldn't see the expression change, it was so minute, but she knew each of her siblings would be able to spot it. They would know it meant her patience was waning, though Mortem was afforded a bit more leeway than her other siblings. He had been gone the longest, perhaps he did not know the capabilities of the Night Mother just yet, maybe he didn't know that she had spent months looking for them. He had not been gone that long, and he did know better.

As she asked about his sacrifice, Lurid's brow creased further. He explained his mess as a mere punishment, effectively erasing any irritation even though she was a little disappointed he had not killed the wretch for her. She laughed, the sound akin to the tinkling of bells. "It would seem he was not lying to you this time, brother mine." She was grateful he hadn't lied to her, she would have had to take his tongue, and that would be a shame. Lurid liked to hear the voices of her family, and she hoped to have them all together in one place soon enough. Perhaps, they could all travel together until they found a home to truly settle in. Lurid drew closer to her brother, the dark beast lounging almost lazily on the forest floor, she could smell the unique scent of a puppy on him. She was about to ask about the strange scent, as she knew Mortem wasn't really one for younglings, but he beat her to speaking. His midnight lips formed his questions, asking about Requiem bothering her or forcing himself on her, making Lurid laugh once again. She shook her head, smiling at his inquiry. "I chose him, Mortem...He is my mate and is to be respected, just as you respect me. What of the scent on your pelt?"

There was a warning in her words about Requiem, a serious one though her tone was light and entertained. The mood was fleeting though, as she needed to get serious with him. Yes, he had been searching for her, but what had he learned in the meantime? Her expression went blank, "I have a long road ahead of me, my brother, are you along for the journey?" Really, she was telling him he would go with her, his loyalty was being tested in this moment. She would need an answer from him, the right answer. He knew the punishments for not complying with her wishes. Violence would break out, there would be a clash of light against dark. Blood would be spilled. It was something she wished to avoid, but some had to be reminded of their place. Eldritch had been found, but she still had to find her sisters. Requiem was helping her to find them, maybe she should set Eldritch and Mortem to do the same.

Word count: 570 words
Notes: ---
"Speech" | 'Hear' | Think

Code by Sea, Art by Bunni
Despite her adorable good looks, Lurid is quite the nasty character. Use extreme caution when threading with her. Her threads are almost always considered mature, with possible triggers. Caution, this character is rated M for Mature! <3 She is unpredictable even to her author, who decides her conduct by random die rolls. Ilyn is a 24" tall polar bear & Samael is a black Augur Buzzard with a 50" wingspan, they travel with Lurid as her companions. If not directly mentioned, assume they are nearby. As her mate, Requiem is allowed in any of her threads regardless of label. Lurid possesses diamond-studded armor which she uses in battle.

Click the character icon to see Lurid's profile.
Discord: Bird_223 or PM character
to plot with me, ask about threads,
or to remind me about posts!

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Fear the reaper, or be stupid and don't Soulless Forest 11:06 AM, 11-23-2023 05:24 AM, 05-01-2024