size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

ScarredDouble MasterRapid Poster - SilverSamhain 2022
12-10-2023, 09:26 PM
As Haydée talks, her vunerability and youth comes out and is on full display which has Avacyn’s expression… softening. Perhaps it is the fact that the young alpha has felt so isolated lately that causes her to spill her deepest, darkest secrets to the kindly Matriarch but, as she looks up into those dark, kind eyes, the young woman can’t help but feel… seen. The weight of responsibility has rested on her small shoulders since she took over the pack, causing her many sleepless nights and upset stomachs, yet she hasn’t shared her worries with anyone. It has always felt like these are her burdens to bare alone and the old adage of, ‘it is lonely at the top’, has never been felt more keenly than by a child forced to yoke the worries of the world far too soon.

Tears fall silently down her cheeks as her body pulls in, the words she thought she would never utter out loud falling in the space between the two women. Haydée’s breath hitches and she closes her eyes, shutting out the world as she begins to quietly berate herself for even thinking such a horrible, vile thing as Avacyn’s steps around in front of her. Small body trembles slightly as she clenches her teeth together, refusing to allow any sobs to break free from her throat. The gentle touch of a paw to her cheek has the girl’s eyes flying open, her fear-filled, bewildered gaze finding the sympathetic dark eyes of the Matriarch. As the paw wipes away her tears, she automatically leans into the touch that suddenly reminds her so much of her mother.

Paws come to rest on her tiny shoulders, the youth’s frame still quivering from the force of the all the emotions that run rampant. At the question of wishing to know Avacyn’s secret, Haydée nods uncertainly, wondering what kind of secret this confident, powerful woman could possibly be hiding. The news about being trained to lead since she was born has the young woman’s ears falling flat in sadness in preparation for the following words, ‘so I don’t understand what this is all about’. Heart drops into her toes as the frown she wears deepens, her gaze filling with dread for the briefest of moments… until the words that follow aren’t about not understand but about how Avacyn herself feels unprepared.

The dread gives way to disbelief as the Matriarch goes on to explain why and Haydée blinks, wondering what wonderful force has brought her to the one woman who seems to be able to ease her doubts. A small smile wobbles her lips at the confidence the woman has in her and, as Avacyn leans down to slip a foreleg around her shoulders to pull her into a hug, the young woman warmly enters the embrace. Suddenly, the girl doesn’t trust her voice as she slides her short legs up underneath the older woman’s arms, face pressing into the purple fur on her chest as she hides herself away from the world so she can gather herself together. At the offer that is given, Hay nods her head against the fur, still not ready to give words a try.

Haydée stays there for several minutes, Avacyn’s hug hiding her away from the troubles that plague the youth and she is able to slowly pack them away. Taking a deep breath deep, she finally pulls back, breaking the sweet, tender moment in favor of meeting the Matriarch’s gaze. The tears are gone from her emerald eyes now and the smile that she beams up to the woman is genuine, heart-felt, and filled with gratitude as she says, “Thank you Avacyn. I don’t know what to do or say that could remotely come close to showing you just how much I appreciate what you have given me. But… thank you.”

With a small, content sigh, she bashfully casts her green eyes down to her paws as she shuffles them, saying, “I… I hope you don’t think less of me or my pack because of this. It has just been… difficult. But, I am learning, growing, and doing everything I can to make sure Ethne is safe and welcoming to all those who seek us.” Once more, her gaze lifts, finding those black eyes that many may have thought of as scary but that Haydée thinks are beautiful and kind and the young woman adds, “I am going to take you up on the offer to listen. Just be warned! I can talk… like a lot.” A giggle bubbles out into the air as the corners of her eyes crinkle in joy, a small paw lifting to cover her mouth as she looks up at her new, wonderful friend.

"Haydée Kedieo"

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.”
Haydée has a male northern cardinal named Chanson and a female fossa named Manon. They are always close by.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. What's The Story, Morning Glory? The Rock Garden 03:49 PM, 09-12-2023 01:26 PM, 02-11-2024