size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Bird

Double Master1KHalloween 2020 - Spooky Cave
12-11-2023, 08:41 PM

At the mention of Requiem, Lurid watched as Mortem's expression changed before her eyes, not sure which emotion he landed on. Those pitch-black pools seemed to shine with something akin to jealous anger, but he nodded all the same. Lurid was content to take the nod as him obeying what she said, though she would usually demand verbal confirmation from her other siblings, she knew this was the closest she would get with Mortem. As for her other question, she watched as Mortem gave himself a smell test with confusion plastered all over his face. Those holographic eyes danced over his face as realization hit, and he looked back up at her. With a carefully blank face, Lurid listened as he told her what happened and who the scent belonged to. He explained what took him so long to find her, why he had been set back in his quest for his queen. A child had been born! The family had a future, even if she wasn't the first to produce that particular fruit.

He wasn't particularly warm when discussing his little goddess-child, as one would expect any father to, instead he was cold and rather detached from it. They could have been discussing the scales of a dead fish for all the warmth he held in his tone. Lurid was not understanding of his ways, but she would see to it that he at least treated the girl right. No doubt he would, but she would keep an eye on their relationship. Couldn't have an Amarix child out there with daddy issues, that would reflect poorly on the family. Lurid knew Mortem only truly loved death and his patron goddess, but if his chilly disposition became an issue she would address it. "When can I meet this little goddess?" Lurid loved babies, children, and teenagers, it was the chink in her armor of darkness. Would she kill them if she deemed it necessary? Yes. Were they adorable and hard not to cuddle? Yes. Lurid would be a light for the child, she had already decided. If the girl needed guidance, Lurid was ready to step up to the plate. Moving on, though she would much rather discuss her niece, Lurid asked about Mortem's allegiance. Her brother had a hard time holding in his laughter, making Lurid arch a brow at him.

Declaring his oath to follow her once more, Lurid gave a warm smile. While he lavished and embellished his praises, Lurid could only offer a proud smile. Rising as he did, Lurid could tell her brother meant every word of his small speech, his words making her tail wave behind her. "I am grateful to have you in the fold again, brother mine." There was a rich sincerity in her voice, and emotional tears welled up in her eyes before she blinked them quickly away. Mortem asked then if he should go and collect little Vita, "Yes, yes, go and get my niece, bring her to me so I may have a look at her." Lurid wanted to know this little Amarix inside and out. If the girl was strong enough she would be allowed to live, Lurid would have looked to her own father for guidance here, but she had killed him a long time ago. Lurid was the leader now and the strength of the bloodline rested in her claws. No doubt Mortem would have culled her if he didn't see anything special, but she had to see for herself. Getting a snack in the meantime was a bonus.

Word count: 593 words
Notes: ---
"Speech" | 'Hear' | Think

Code by Sea, Art by Bunni
Despite her adorable good looks, Lurid is quite the nasty character. Use extreme caution when threading with her. Her threads are almost always considered mature, with possible triggers. Caution, this character is rated M for Mature! <3 She is unpredictable even to her author, who decides her conduct by random die rolls. Ilyn is a 24" tall polar bear & Samael is a black Augur Buzzard with a 50" wingspan, they travel with Lurid as her companions. If not directly mentioned, assume they are nearby. As her mate, Requiem is allowed in any of her threads regardless of label. Lurid possesses diamond-studded armor which she uses in battle.

Click the character icon to see Lurid's profile.
Discord: Bird_223 or PM character
to plot with me, ask about threads,
or to remind me about posts!

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Fear the reaper, or be stupid and don't Soulless Forest 11:06 AM, 11-23-2023 05:24 AM, 05-01-2024