size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

OverachieverSamhain 2022Double MasterThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
12-16-2023, 12:03 AM

Kotori appreciated the young pup was able to quietly sit and listen. He gave Shochu an offer to help in a hunt and grinned as the boy eagerly leaped at the idea.  Ironically letting the child help hunt a rabbit was going to make killing the rabbit harder than normal.  Well, if it went poorly there were plenty of rabbits around for however many attempts it took.  Still, if the boy could follow instructions this would be just fine.

“I’m going closer to the water,” Kotori nodded to the rushing waters. “The rabbit isn’t going to risk jumping into that anymore than you should.  It won’t survive.  Always consider the terrain when hunting.  What will hurt and what will hinder?  That water gives the rabbit one less route to escape.  Your job is going to simply scare the rabbit, chase it towards the water, and attempt to get it to come closer to the left side of the water where I’ll be.  Once it's close enough I’ll grab it.”  It was a simple hunt plan by instructions but not as easy for an inexperienced child.  Still, this manner of hunting was skipping around finding the prey, stalking, hiding, biting, dodging attacks, or other things to consider.  The pup was going to get a lesson on what it was like chasing prey.

Even if he tried and the rabbit got away in a few strides, the boy would learn information and experience.  “Don’t try to catch it, a failed attack will cost you precious distance and control.  It’s just like harrying any of your siblings if you’ve done that.  Control the rabbit, don’t let it decide how things play out.”

Kotori stepped away as if about to leave before adding, “It’s fine if this doesn’t work the first time, it's fine if this rabbit gets away.  I guarantee you there are plenty of them and no hunter has a perfect slate, even the best.” With that said Kotori jogged closer to the river's edge, veering off to the left side near a tree, and nodded to the boy.

"Kotori Fatalis"
[Image: HMmbDEu.png]
 [Image: ezgif.com-gif-maker_39.gif]

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Hunting 101 Monument Rapids 10:52 PM, 12-02-2023 07:12 AM, 03-04-2024