gems
size
Extra small
build
Light

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
12-17-2023, 10:22 PM
Art & Code © Rex/Witchdogtor DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION

Lucette watched as Bae-syl took advantage of the pain she had caused the jaguar, ending its life quickly rather than giving it the opportunity to strike back. Her mate held on even after the cat had perished, and the pixie watched her mate ensure that it was gone before he released it. She let out a breath she hadn't realized she’d been holding then. Poor Bae… she could see the blood on his shoulder, watching as it trickled down his leg. But she knew her mate well enough that moving to clean the wound first would get her nowhere. So she allowed him to move over to her, taking notice how he kept his foreleg up. He was hurt… that cat had done something worse than a mere bite. Her ears fell, a whine leaving her throat as Bae examined her.

“Of course not.” Her voice was gentle as she moved to lick at his shoulder. The bite looked bad… had the cat tore muscle or fractured a bone underneath the skin? “I couldn't just run through… not after…” Her gaze fell. Her father had been killed running away from his head wound. Likely terrified… if she was going to die, she wanted to at least try and have a fighting chance. “I was going to use the terrain to my advantage and keep away from his front. I knew attacking him in an open area wouldn’t end well.” She lifted her green gaze to him, worry within her eyes.

Bae called for Hay, which was a good call. If desperate predators were moving in because of early snow at the end of autumn, she didn't want to think about what would happen when winter actually arrived. “You need to be more careful yourself… charging in like that…” She fixed him with a look. ” Almost gored by a buffalo and now this… you’re not indestructible Bae. I need you, your children need you… you have to approach fights more cautiously and trust I will use what you taught me to avoid harm.” Her voice hardened. What would she do if he got himself killed? Ethne would be down another adult too… and a combatant that they needed.

She turned to clean his shoulder after that, just barely getting the blood to start clotting by the time her sister showed. A call was given to their brother Dorian and Bay. Good… with Bae this far from their den getting him treatment would be necessary before they could get back… and she had emptied her bag earlier that day and she had nothing on paw to ease the pain or make into a poultice... Her gaze turned over to Haydee. “Thanks, Hay.” Her tone had softened.

“It's pretty thin for autumn. Already making desperate moves to chance borders for an easy meal. It's… strange. I'd expect them in winter… but now?” Her gaze flicked to the jaguar’s body. “...when it is skinned, could you have my dirk retrieved? It's under the jaguar…” Her gaze lifted back to her little sister, a thoughtful frown on her face. “Maybe our combatants can work together to do a purge of other predators in the neighboring lands? I'd assist but…” She side eyed Bae-Syl. “Bae would ignore both our orders if there was any chance of me getting hurt.” And charge in and get himself even more hurt…

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Lucette has two companions - a kodkod and a saw-scaled viper. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Bae-Syl, as Lucette's bestie, guardian, and mate is welcome to invade her threads at any time regardless of how they are marked.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Does it ever end? Cattail Creek 10:22 PM, 12-17-2023 08:03 AM, 01-30-2024