gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

WordySamhain 2022
12-20-2023, 12:11 AM
As she finished explaining herself and her request to rejoin the Hallows–glancing up at Mercury again with a thankful smile as he vouched for her–she noticed that Artorias' expression wasn't exactly the reassuring, happy-to-have-you sort of reaction she had been expecting. Perhaps it was just because of all of Mercury's reassurances that Artorias would certainly welcome her back that she had been so sure that would be the case, but when she saw the Aegis' assessing gaze and listened to his concerns about her dedication to the Hallows she felt her heart sink a bit and her smile faded. Her ears flicking uncertainly, she listened and gave Artorias a nod of understanding to his observations from her behavior. It was all of the things that she had worried that he would think of her. She couldn't blame him for his assumptions, but she feared now that she'd be brought back three steps just as she was beginning to take one forward.

She made sure to speak up before Mercury could say anything, giving him a quick glance before focusing on Artorias, hoping that he could see the sincerity in her expression. "I understand how this all looks, but I promise that the Hallows is not a second choice for me. When I left to try and return home, it wasn't in the hopes of doing so permanently. I... I know that our old homeland is gone and likely beyond repair. It's just that with my memories gone and fractured I had just hoped that seeing it for myself would bring some kind of closure or confirmation that what I have been able to remember was real. I know it was a fools errand, but... I had hoped that maybe I'd be able to find my family and bring them here or at least give them a proper goodbye." She paused to take a breath, swallowing past the lump in her throat before she went on. "Even though I didn't get that closure, I was able to shake free some more memories and at least remember a bit more about who I am and... if I'm being honest..." She briefly glanced up to Mercury again with a small smile, adding, "I've healed more with Mercury than I did while I was away." She was quiet for a moment before she dipped her head respectfully to Artorias and told him, "I respect whatever you decide, but I will do my very best to prove that I truly want to be here and be a valuable member of your pack if you allow me to rejoin you here."

"Speech"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. What's the worst that could happen? The Starlit Plains 11:54 PM, 11-05-2023 07:33 AM, 03-05-2024