An icon representing the specialty Field Medic Field Medic

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Double MasterPride - Demisexual
12-24-2023, 10:36 PM

Gwynevere sat back with a little smile as she watched Solaire tend to some of the more hardy herbs and plants within the greenhouse. Solaire was the first of her many nieces and nephews to take a real interest in the plants and how they were utilized so she was thrilled to finally have someone to begin passing her knowledge onto. Much of her own knowledge was learned from trial, error, and experience–and the tutelage of her companion Eilwen. It had made the growth of her skills when she was young very slow so she hoped that Solaire would have a bit of an easier time with her as a mentor. Surely she could manage to be a better teacher than a raven with a bit of an attitude problem. She didn't quite trust her young nephew to tend to some of the more delicate plants or the ones that could be dangerous for him if not handled properly, but things like dandelion greens and marigolds were certainly fair game for a studying healer to be.

Her observation and occasional comments were interrupted, however, by the persistent tapping on the glass of the greenhouse. Her ears perked curiously and she looked up, spotting the bird that seemed to be insistent on getting her attention. With a tip of her head she went to open the door and immediately the avian rushed in, quickly informing her about Claire's labor. "I'll be right there," she told the companion, watching briefly as it took off again and she looked to Solaire uncertainly for a moment. It wasn't as if births happened consistently all the time so this could be a rare opportunity to show him the ropes for something that was difficult to teach without an example. While she didn't know Claire extremely well, she was at least aware of the pregnancy and got the sense that she was a kind woman. Hopefully she wouldn't mind her bringing Solaire along. "Duty calls!" she told her nephew with a smile. This was what the life of a healer was like so it was good for him to get a feel for it now.

She hurried out of the greenhouse with a nod for him to follow, moving swiftly toward the infirmary to pick up a bundle of preprepared herbs and supplies that she always kept packed and at the ready whenever there was a pregnancy in the pack. "Come on, lets hurry," she said to Solaire, grabbing the tied up bundle and loping through the castle to Claire and Greed's room. Pausing outside the room, she gave the door a quick knock before she began pushing it open, spotting Claire and giving her a reassuring smile. "I heard we have some puppies on the way?" she questioned after she had put the supplies down and began to untie the fabric that held it all together. Making a small nod toward Solaire she added, "Do you mind if my nephew sits in on the birth with me? I was in the middle of giving him a lesson when your companion found us."

"Gwynevere Carpathius"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Elastic Hearts Amron's Castle 12:24 AM, 12-12-2023 10:11 AM, 03-31-2024