size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Indie

Rapid Poster - GoldHomebodyTeacherBest BudsDouble Master1K
Samhain 2022
12-31-2023, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2023, 11:47 AM by Aresenn. Edited 1 time in total.)

Aresenn glanced down at the space between them, feeling the weight of Absinth's gaze. He could sense her conflict, the frustration and defensiveness that warred within her. But he also understood the vulnerable side she was trying to keep hidden, the part of herself that she felt she couldn't show. "No," he answered simply, meeting her gaze with a tone that revealed that this was an answer she needed to hear. "It was not your fault." He paused, considering how to best explain the situation. "Part of it was that Sephiran was mad that his toy threw herself off a cliff after being tortured by him day in and day out. But another part of it was my relationship with the Armada. Why I'm over there so often- he suspects that I'm conspiring against him." Aresenn continued his explanation, the sincerity in his voice shining through. "It was a way for him to try and scare me into submission, to show me where my loyalties lie. To threaten me. Hell, maybe he's threatened by me. But it also showed him that I will not just take a beating. And I'm sure you didn't either." He took a deep breath, his eyes narrowing as the thoughts reeled in his mind. "He knows now that I am not weak, and neither are you." His tone was resolute as he finished.

Thinking about the look Sephiran had in his eyes. The mania. He couldn't help but wonder if his friend experienced similar episodes to what he did, himself. But perhaps, that was just him longing to be comforted by the sharing of a major flaw. Though, he would keep that thought to himself for now- not wanting to sound as if he was defending the orders that had been made at their expense.

"Aresenn Praetor"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Partners in Crime The Polar Sound 09:29 AM, 12-31-2023 11:48 PM, 01-01-2024