gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Indie
12-31-2023, 12:02 PM
While he didn’t attempt to prevent her from her intended goal, he wouldn’t allow her to leave him behind. It seemed that he needed her attention. Even more so as he tried to sway her path by falling in step with her- but only slightly ahead. She didn’t care. Occasionally their bodies collide, or a stumble would occur. Grit her teeth as she must, she kept her attention fixed on the path ahead. It wouldn’t take long before the inlet came into view, and she could carry on about her business. Eventually his mocking did fall away- he didn’t seem to press her on it any further. That was a small mercy.

As they broke the treelike and crossed over the sand of the beach, something else must have crossed her mind. Who told you to do this? They never exchanged names, and with a subtle shrug, she kept walking. Only stopping when she was waded out into the lazy tide to her knees. “I don’t know who she was. But she professed herself to someone who chose to follow you- she made that very clear.” Aurelia answered, slowly lowering herself to her haunches as the brackish water soaked into her coat and aching muscles from about waist up. “Mostly white with black markings … I don’t know how much that narrows things down. She didn’t name herself to me. Nor I myself, to her.” He could have dozens of brainwashed lackeys for all she was aware of. But in the end, she was just answering the question. It had nothing to do with challenging her accuser- which she refused to devote one single thought to the fate of that crazy bitch. She had enough of that one’s games to last a lifetime.

"Aurelia Veratti"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. She Told Me I Couldn't Fly The Polar Sound 06:01 PM, 11-16-2023 09:36 AM, 02-29-2024