An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light

OverachieverSamhain 20221K
01-02-2024, 11:39 PM

The next several minutes were a blur as Sirius led her through the woods to Mortis' and Halo's home. She had been here before, long ago, when she was still a puppy - but like everything else, it had undergone change. At the base of the tree, all around, evidence of life - of a family's presence -  was etched into the landscape. Her eyes lingered upon the abandoned playthings of pups she had never met as they passed, moving not up into the tree, as expected, but beneath. "Right." She breathed, more to herself then to her father. "Puppies. Heights."

They stepped inside, the room opening up into an assortment of beds. She eyed them with wonder, but a twinge of something more. Sadness, for the moments she had missed. Her father's words brought a soft smile to her lips, despite the pang in her heart. "A large litter." She echoed, picturing the den bustling with the energy of new life. Where were they now, that her father could bring her here?

"They won't miss this?" She asked as her father placed the meal before her. The last thing Vanta wanted to do was to quite literally take food out of the mouths of her newest niblings. With his assurance, Vanta nodded and allowed herself a bite, murmuring a 'mhm' through closed lips as she chewed as her father suggested they take turns.

Sirius began with a heavy tale of loss, and Vanta's chewing slowed. She swallowed, and then pushed the dish away. Her heart clenched at the names of those lost, wolves she had known, wolves who were part of her distant yet vivid childhood memories. She may not have known them long, but they were like family - each and every one of them. "Is Stratum... okay?"

It was her turn next, and Vanta's muzzle dipped to stare at her crystal-touched toes. Where to begin? "I see mom sometimes."  Her voice was barely audible, a secret carried by whisper. A touch of fear gripped her - fear that her father might doubt her, or worse, might feel a sting of hurt. She raised her eyes to meet his, the crystalline facets cloudy with unshed tears. "She's the reason I can see.." She swallowed. "..She's the one who guided me home, to you."

Her voice gained strength as she gestured finally to the sabers. "And she gave me these."

"Speech"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. All grown up Mile-High Woods 05:22 PM, 01-02-2024 03:06 PM, 03-31-2024