size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
01-05-2024, 10:32 PM

The anxiousness in Beauregard was palpable, and Artorias silently wondered if this was how he had been in his first year of leadership. Little more than a yearling thrust into the role and all the responsibilities that pertained to ruling. He had felt wholly out of his element, yet he had stood fast and endured, and here the Hallows stood all the stronger for his tenacity and the unyielding support of his family and pack mates. The more Beau spoke of Norad and his wolves, the more relaxed the younger male seemed to become. He could see that Beau drew his strength from those around him; an empath would always make for a good leader in his opinion in contrast to a tyrant. "You will survive if you all endure together and work as one," the Aegis reassured his fellow alpha with a certain smile. "The road will be rocky, and there will be times where you are tested physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually... But if you endure, you will survive and your wolves will thrive."

Beyond the harsher seasons coming their way, there was another critical aspect to be aware of, one that Artorias himself hadn't considered until he had been faced with the threat himself. "More than just the winter, new packs are often targets for others to raid," he warned Beauregard with a dark seriousness in his expression, fiery eyes dimming a little as reflected on the early years of the Hallows. "In my first year as alpha, we were targeted by the Pirates because they wanted to put me to the test and see if we would be easy pickings. We did not give them that satisfaction. Keep your guard up, Beauregard. Make sure you have the means to protect what's yours." That was probably the best advice Art could offer the fledgling alpha.

At the topic of fatherhood, Artorias couldn't help but let out a barking laugh when Beauregard admitted to being out of his element and having no idea how to parent. A wide grin split the twice-over father's muzzle and he flashed a humored look at Beau. "Let me let you in on a little secret, Beau: none of us knew what we were doing at first. We all learned by doing, and now you get to join that club too!" Another amused chuckle rumbled in the dire wolf's chest as he reflected back on his two litters, how fatherhood had changed and shaped him. "Don't fret over the maybes that might come down the road. Just enjoy each day with your family, let them tell you what they need to grow and nurture them accordingly. Trust on your heart and your instincts. You'll be fine."

Beauregard made mention of the above ground structures his pack had begun to develop build and mentioned offering some of them to the Hallows in exchange for resources and aid. The idea perked the Aegis' interest and he tipped his head pensively, already considering them as potential storage spots or play houses for the pups. "Yes, we have the plains that surround the castle and to the north, as well as the northern fruit grove. I'm sure the children would love to use them to play in, especially up in the grove. Tell you what, Beau, you build my children one of your above ground dens in the Grove, and we'll give your pack all the excess fruit we harvest from the grove before the season turns." Artorias knew how bountiful the grove was, particularly around this time of year, and he knew Briar wouldn't make use of all the fruit before it either spoiled or was ruined by the wet weather that was coming. Norad could make better use of it, and use it to nourish their wolves beyond just meat.

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. I will climb every hill, every mountain Till I've seen them all Amron's Castle 09:09 PM, 11-05-2023 07:46 PM, 03-18-2024