ardent

I'll Look Through Their Eyes, and I'll Know What They See.

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
01-12-2024, 07:07 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2024, 12:11 AM by Artorias. Edited 1 time in total.)

This was a day Artorias knew would come sooner or later. A day every parent anticipated and dreaded. It was the day when their children would find the yearning of their hearts would pull them off on their own paths, to write their own stories and make their own ways in life. All the days that had once felt limitless, now memories reflected back on were much too short in reality. What Artorias wouldn't give to have his children stay small forever, eternally surrounded in their home with love and safety. And yet, this was also a moment of pure pride for the father to see his children grow and become their own beings, wolves of their own. Knowing that he and Briar had done the best they could to prepare their children for the wide world beyond their high walls and rolling plains was the greatest comfort he could have in this moment. And no pup was that more true for than Talyssa.

Artorias heard his daughter's call that cloudy morning, and he knew. His heart sank in his chest, heavy with the mixture of emotions this moment would bring. Pride, love, worry, hope, fear. He knew that of any of his children, Talyssa would have been the first to want to set out on her own. His tawny girl had always been so much like him—an adventurer at heart with a thirst for discovery and a wanderlust that could never be slaked. It was also Talyssa that he worried the most for. His sweet little girl, so trusting, so pure... He wished he could protect her forever. But he would have to trust in her, in her skills and her instincts, and in the lessons he and Briar had taught her. Now it was her turn to show the world what she could do. The dire brute deviated from his patrol path, issuing a short call back to let Taly know he was on his way and to give Briar time to join them. She would want to be a part of this moment too, no doubt.

He found Talyssa waiting for them on the outskirts of the castle grounds, her bag packed and ready to go. The sight brought a pang of pain and a swell of pride to the sire's chest to see his little girl all grown up, a beautiful young woman anyone would be proud to call their daughter. It took all his strength to keep the tears from his eyes then and there. Artorias approached Talyssa with a wistful, bittersweet smile on his face, fiery amber eyes regarding her, then her bag, and then he sighed. "Talyssa..." he began, meeting his daughter's gaze once more, his expression so full of love and sorrow, "Știam că vei fi prima, dulcea mea pasăre liberă." There was pregnant pause as Artorias steeled his courage to speak the next words on his mind and the greatest worry in his heart. "...Is this for good?"

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Eira" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. I'll Look Through Their Eyes, and I'll Know What They See. Amron's Castle 03:13 PM, 01-06-2024 02:56 PM, 05-20-2024