An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Ooh La LaSamhain 2022LegendaryPride - DemisexualTeacher
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3VengeanceCritical Fail!Ice Bridge Explorer1K
01-28-2024, 05:29 PM
The events of the odd slate wolf leading her through the icy cave and the encounter with the giant worm Beauregard had all felt like some sort of strange dream as she found her way back to the castle. The only reason she had to doubt that it had been a figment of her imagination was the fact that she had no other explanation for how she had ended up where she was–at least until her husband returned home shortly after with an incredibly similar story. The only real difference was their different approaches to the challenge that had been put in front of them and the names of the worms they had faced. It was all too much of a coincidence for them to have had such similar dreams, but if that was the case then who was that wolf? Where did she disappear to? Were their more giant worms somewhere beneath the surface? There were far more questions than answers, but unsurprisingly her adventurer of a husband was only really concerned with finding that icy cavern once more to truly explore it. Even though the idea of going back to where they had seen those worms wasn't exactly a thrilling concept, she wasn't going to let him go alone so once he tracked down the cave opening she set off with him to go see it.

She followed closely behind Artorias as they began to follow the slim crevasse deeper into the earth while trying not to think too deeply about the feeling of deja vu she had from squeezing through the ice and having to be pushed through by her guide just a few days prior. It was a bit claustrophobic, but at least she had Art with her this time around. "Oh don't you worry, I'm sticking very close to you," she assured him with a chuckle as he told her to stay close. She still wasn't entirely convinced they weren't just walking back into the den of another worm so there wasn't a chance in hell that she was venturing off on her own down here. Eventually the air began to chill and the sound of water grew louder and louder the further they went, telling her they were heading in the right direction. The second they were able to step out of the slim path they had followed and into a larger chamber she let out a relieved sigh, giving her fur a quick shake. When she lifted her gaze to Artorias that was standing in front of her, he was already taking in the space around them and gushing about their find. An amused grin pulled at her lips as she came to stand beside him, her turquoise gaze slowly sweeping across the beautiful chamber in front of them. This certainly wasn't the exact same space she had found with the slate wolf before, but she had a feeling they weren't all that far off from it.

"It's beautiful," she agreed, leaning her shoulder into his while they took in their discovery. She took it all in from the ceiling full of glittering stalagmites to the bridges that crossed over the flowing water below. "I wonder who built these..." she mused thoughtfully, gesturing toward the bridges in front of them that seemed to lead to other parts of the cave. "We definitely aren't the first ones to find this place, but maybe the first to see it in a long time." There wasn't any signs that she could immediately pick up on that showed that anyone else had been here recently, but someone or something had to have built this at some point in the distant history of this place.

"Artorias & Briar Carpathius"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Lookit what I found! IC Archives 12:31 AM, 11-21-2023 06:52 AM, 06-24-2024
2. Lookit what I found! Crystal Cathedral 06:52 AM, 06-24-2024 08:28 PM, 06-18-2024