Expert Intellectual (135)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
01-30-2024, 12:45 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2024, 12:46 PM by Laeta. Edited 1 time in total.)
Art & Code © Skelle 2023
"Speech!"

Laeta chuckled at the banter between Artorias and his daughter -- it was such a wonderful relationship the two had, one unrivaled. The way they talked to each other was that of true family, the nature of the Hallows that Laeta adored so very much. When inquired as to how she was doing, Laeta answered honestly. "Oh, I've had better days. But the sun was so lovely this morning, I just had to bask in it for a little while." They both were well aware of her condition. How the Long Night had ultimately caught up with her, stealing away the promise of full recovery from right beneath her. But still, she remained ever optimistic, ever kind. She felt no need to be bitter or hateful, even if such a response would be justified in her situation. This was the natural course of life, for her; she lived, she suffered, and ultimately she would..move on.

She smiled widely as Ember spoke of the way Artorias had talked about her. "Well, that is a true honor for your father to say of me," Laeta said earnestly. "I did my best in my profession to help those who were not sure how to help themselves. How to find peace. How to feel what they were feeling inside." And it was all thanks to the Aegis himself; he even offered her a rank in which she could perform her duties. It was a high honor, one she took care of with great happiness yet without too much pride. She adored every aspect of her career, even if she was unable to do much of it nowadays.

When Ember inquired of how her condition developed, Laeta felt no need to hide it. She believed in speaking honestly about her experience, to anyone who wished to hear of it. "The Long Night brouhgt forth many strange ailments amongst the wolves of Boreas and Auster. It was always nighttime, and mushrooms, crystals, and a strange ooze made us all quite ill. I was paralyzed during the Long Night by a mysterious entity. It took a long time for me to regain my strength and my ability to walk, but.." She paused, allowing the girl to take in her information. She hoped Artorias wouldn't mind her explaining it, even rather simply."some wolves simply never fully recovered. Like myself."
comin' up for air in the deepest of the deep ends
i thought i learned it all, but boom, the plot thickens
laeta has a european badger companion named melis. he can speak and is assumed to be with her at all times.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. we’ve had a good run, haven’t we? Amron's Castle 01:49 PM, 12-29-2023 10:12 AM, 03-31-2024