An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - PansexualIce Bridge Explorer
01-31-2024, 05:43 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2024, 05:44 PM by Kiela. Edited 1 time in total.)

Slowly they were coming up on the water source. It was one of many found throughout these mountains, though they were often hard to find if you didn't know exactly where to look. The water flowed, fresh from the melting snow of the mountaintops. Kiela knew they were close now, but she wouldn't push any harder than they had to just to get there faster.

Even if Valtiel wasn't receptive to her words, Kiela wouldn't mind. Instead of rejecting her offer though, the other female let out a low laugh, which was more than enough approval for her to begin to speak. "My people only believe in physical death. The soul never dies. To me, your children live on." Kiela did not know them, but she knew they were here still, living on in every single stone they passed by, every tree that stood far in the distance, every cloud overhead.

It was not an attempt to make Valtiel feel better - no, these were beliefs she held close to her heart, said with all the conviction of someone stating a simple and irrefutable truth.

"Here," she said after a moment as they finally reached the water source. It was a slow but steady trickle coming down from the rocks, the mountain water cleaner than any water you'd find elsewhere in Boreas. "I believe they have already been reborn. Maybe that has taken the form of a bird," she suggested, glancing as something flew overhead, too high to tell just what it was. "Or maybe a flower. Or even the very mountain we stand on. When they die in their new life, again they will be reborn, until time's end." That truth did not negate the mourning process or whatever emotions were brought forth with it though, and it wasn't meant to be anything but a musing of her own beliefs, something Valtiel hopefully found interesting if nothing else.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. The most beautiful bitter fruit Fenrir's Maw 07:54 AM, 11-21-2023 04:48 PM, 05-07-2024