An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipAll Oozed OutOoze ImmuneThe Ooze ParticipantDouble Master
Ooh La LaOverachieverSnake EyesHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! VengeancePride - Bisexual
Mammoth Hunter
02-01-2024, 08:49 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2024, 08:51 AM by Kuroki. Edited 1 time in total.)
Kuroki wasn't sure if he could do this, if he was even strong enough. Just feeling her shuddering breaths against his ribs made his heart ache, felt like he'd been saving all of life's hurt and pain for this very moment. And it was wounding, catastrophic, like the sun crashing into the sea. The end of everything as he knew it, because after this things couldn't be the same. Cy had left and now Cel too? Being alone hadn't bothered him much before, but now? It felt like a thing that shouldn't even happen, a lapse in reality, a distortion a mind like his couldn't ever fathom. And the great unknown beyond? The thought of her being alone somewhere cold and dark- there could be no peace in that.

He held her a little tighter, so mindful of his strength, his paw gently brushing, trying to soothe as best as he could. He just wasn't equipped for this, was anyone?

"Yeah," he had to give her this. He wished she could see them just one more time, it had been too long, and they'd all grown-well mostly, Delphi was still tiny. "They're okay, I promise." He exhaled, breath almost as shuddery as hers, words choking and heavy upon his tongue. What was he even meant to say? What could he say? He leaned down and pressed a kiss to her forehead, a gentle swipe of his tongue along her brow.

"I'm-I'm jus' gonna miss you so much and I-" he paused, trying and failing to gather himself. His eyes stung, so much for the manly dude who didn't cry, wasn't bothered by nothing. Even the pretty view of the sea didn't soften the blow, nothing could ever make this better. "I'm jus so sorry Cel. I'm so sorry."

[Image: jCtsUWy.gif]

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. that last good day The Shimmering Shore 09:18 AM, 01-30-2024 05:37 AM, 05-01-2024