An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
wicked

Pride - DemisexualPride - BisexualCritical Attack!Double MasterHomebodyCritical Block!
StudentRapid Poster - Silver1K
02-08-2024, 06:44 PM
He doesn't keep her waiting that long, and her little bird seems to be going back and forth behind him. Tidying up the scraps and strange things dropped behind him, dropping them bit by bit on the hearth as well. Jael's gaze flickered up from her work-- carefully wrapping the ends of the long, sharp nails in a strip of thick cloth. Right, couldn't go burning herself. Looking up as Kenway came close, bundled down with all manner of trinkets and fun things. Lovely.

"I'm going to make these into beads, so we can trade them at the market." She gave a little smile, a little tilt of her regal head. "We can work together, and then we can trade them together, how's that?" Modesty would probably come with them too, but it only made sense that the boy learn how to trade for himself at the market too. Having a cute, chunky, dustbunny of a kid by her side would hopefully score her points with the more tenderhearted crafter types, too. Carefully, Jael sets three long nails of different widths, ends wrapped in cloth, against the fire. The tips would heat, and the handling end would remain insulated and cool enough to handle. Right, as long as she's careful.

"Do you see how I started to sort the things we've found into piles here?" Jael motioned to the three piles sitting on the coffee table beside the hearth. "Stuff that comes from animals-- bones, shells, teeth, they all go here. She indicated the first, a pile that included the bear teeth and claws from a little ways back. "Stuff that comes from plants, like cool seed pods, or nuts, or wood, goes here." A few such items sat in this pile, though it was far smaller than the others. "Glass, like this goes here. There shouldn't be anything with sharp edges in my bin, but if you find any please be careful." Jael holds out a piece of smooth sea glass for the boy to touch.

The last pile was all manner of colors and shapes, tiny relics of days long before theirs. Clues. "And then plastic. It all looks pretty different, if you don't know what something is or need help, I'll help you." Jael explained, a little wag to her tail. "If anything has a hole through it already, I'm putting aside here." Jael indicated a shallow tray, already filled with a handful of different objects. A little green army man, a shell that looked as if it had been pecked through by a bird, the pull-tab from a soda can. Things that could already be strung up and worn or sewn into a project.

There were a lot of instructions for the boy, but then, he was faced with a border collie in task mode. Sorry buddy.
J A E L

table coding created by bunni ♥
As her keepers, Gilgamesh and Modesty may join any of Jael’s threads if they deem necessary.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. come fill up your grail Daager Isle 04:11 AM, 01-30-2024 06:13 AM, 03-13-2024