size
Large
build
Light
player
Joe

Pride - Bisexual
02-09-2024, 02:27 AM

She should have expected some sort of defiance from her big burly viking boy, but even Erik's feisty rebellion to her command took Ember by surprise. Blue eyes flitted back up to his in their close proximity, sparking with a liveliness of a stubborn soul rising to meet a challenge. The half smirk that rested on her lips betrayed that amusement at his boldness, but daring as he was, he did not yet know the full depths of the Hallowed princess' headstrong disposition. Erik would do as Erik did, which was doing things his own way even if they were harmful to himself—and Ember would do as she did and keep him from destroying his voice just because he wanted to say a few words to her. A battle of the wills between the two, a fire smoldering like the forge just behind them. But what could children know of the force at work between them? All Ember knew was that she liked the way Erik challenged her. It was refreshing and kept her wits sharp and mind sharper.

Despite having dropped her paws from his crystal mutations, Erik did not withdraw away from her. Instead he leaned in, closing more of the space between them in the quiet armory. So close. So close she could feel his breath with every word he graveled close to her ear. He asked if she was used to getting her way, spending more words to tease her. Ember just scoffed and shot him a wry grin. Idiot... Still doing exactly what was bad for him, but still doing it just for her. It was flattering knowing he was putting his own throat to the fire just to talk to her. He was sweet. Stupid, but sweet. "Used to being right, mountain man," she quipped back, tilting her slender muzzle upwards so she could whisper dulcet words back across his ear in turn. "If you lose your voice, I'm going to say I told you so." A playful threat. Ember really didn't want Erik to get hurt over her, but she also didn't think he'd let it get that far. She teased him, but he really wasn't dumb.

In their closeness, Ember couldn't resist letting her gaze drift down to the crystals studding his neck once more, watching them shine in the firelight, almost like they were alive. With gentle slowness, the midnight-coated girl lifted a dainty paw to reach for the crystals once more. She didn't expect any resistance from him now, and if none was shown then her paw would rest on the largest of the crystals, stroking over the smooth surface until her paw had reached the soft fur of his throat, still taking in the strangeness of them, the warmth they exuded, like they were actually a part of his body. "I hate that they hurt you. They're so lovely otherwise." So uniquely Erik. Another thought came to her mind as she slid her paw across the crystal. "Can you feel this?" The crystals were warm like his body, but were they able to feel like the rest of him could too?

With her paw still resting atop his crystal, Ember's swirling blue eyes lifted up to Erik's face, holding his gaze while she leaned in closer, practically touching him. Her eyes lit up as she smiled up at his smirking face, just taking in everything that Erik was in this moment. Those same eyes flashed playfully, urging him on with wordless anticipation for things she didn't even yet know she wanted. There was warmth all over, warmth inside of her, warmth under her cheeks. Gods, was it the forge making the room this stifling? Whatever it was, all Ember knew for sure was that she didn't want this moment to end.

"Ember Carpathius"

Artorias and Briar may enter any of Ember's threads while she is under 2 years old.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. It's not breaking the rules if I live here Amron's Castle 12:57 AM, 12-21-2023 10:11 AM, 03-31-2024