size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7
02-11-2024, 09:02 AM

Marrow

Score! Marrow followed her nose to the scent of an hour-old kill. Whatever group had taken down the bison had eaten their fill and moved on leaving the rest of the corpse for the other predators and scavengers. Having set out on her own for a bit to explore these new lands Marrow found herself reverting to her old tactics to survive. Hunting solo was difficult, and while she planned to hone those skills, she was never going to pass up a free meal.

Marrow charged toward the kill, scattering ravens, crows and vultures into the air with a snarl. They needed to make room! Marrow settled herself down near the belly which was already partly open and began snarfing down meat. Say, if she worked her way farther in she could get the stomach! She'd heard of cooking in a bison stomach and had always wanted to try it. Motivated by craft time and hunger she ate ravenously, so consumed by this task she didn't notice the group of coyotes that were swarming the kill til they were nearly on her.

Her head popped out of the carcass, blood staining her white fur. "Oh, fuck off!" There was a good four of them. The snarled, hackles raised, intent on chasing her off but she stood her ground. "Piss off ya lazy scavengers!" Marrow didn't count, she was a scavenger sure, but she worked hard!

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Mine! Mine! Mine! [Calliope] Algoma Prairie 09:02 AM, 02-11-2024 02:17 PM, 03-13-2024