gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

ScarredCritical Fail!OverachieverSamhain 2022Statue 2 Worship
02-17-2024, 05:12 PM

But then Modesty came. Rivin looked upon her with her green gaze, a bit of the guilt at the extreme anger she had before. The woman had greeted her, but her features told the story that what she had next wasn’t going to be easy for her. She was surprised to hear that she was owed an apology, a look that reflected on her face as it came out. Well, if Modesty owed her an apology… She owed the same. “I owe you one too.” She confessed, but she would let Modesty continue without further interruption. It was only once the woman had finished that Rivin gave the slightest nod.

“I agree with you. Though as Raiders, we’ve always been a bit dysfunctional. We’re the reason they put fun in it though.” A small smile on her lips at that joke. “But, you should really thank Flurry too, for me coming back. Not that I could let Tarnish go on alone, but she came to speak to me. She’s a good kid, a good friend.” Her gaze softened. “When it is time for you guys to pass the mantle, I know you made the right choice of heir. I’d follow her any day.” A compliment to the girl, and to the parents for their choice.

“I want to come back. The raiders are my home and… admittedly I let my own anger rule me. Both as I walked away from the meeting and after… For that, I’m sorry too.” She frowned. “I… struggled with the choice. I was angry enough that if I stayed to hear you speak, I would have lashed out… and I respected Gilgamesh far too much to do that, even if I didn’t agree with how he handled things regarding Jack.” Her ears fell a bit. “Not one of us in the Raider’s is perfect. We all have our quirks and problems… but we work together, no matter what. That is what makes our pack strong.” And there was one more thing to address.

“...and honestly, how could I hold the anger you and Gil had against you after hearing what caused it?” Her expression softened, turning a touch sorrowful. “I saw Sid’s injury at the meeting, but I didn’t want to get in Sakana’s way. What happened to her… should never have happened to a kid… and I’m sorry I wasn’t there to help protect her.” She lowered her gaze. “...and I know Jack showed mercy to an enemy… but perhaps he had a reason for doing so… I don’t know the opponent he fought, but with him fighting raids, leading one and winning fights, it strikes me as odd if he did so without one.” She lifted her gaze back to Modesty.

“So… If I might be bold enough to ask this of you… please just talk to him. He is a good man, and cares about this pack. This is our home, both of ours.” A plea to at least try. That was all she was asking.

But that was a later problem. Her gaze flicked to Tarnish. “Tarnish took on an opponent that he shouldn’t have.” She neglected to mention the Hallows out of sympathy for the boy. His mother would be livid. “I patched up his face with what I could find, though it wouldn’t hurt to have Sakana take a look. It may need stitches, but it should heal.” She offered him another small smile, if he looked her way to see it. “He’s got heart, Modesty. A great Raider in the making.” Gentle encouragement for him too.

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Rivin has two companions - a bobcat and a wolverine. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Words playing me deja vu Like a radio tune I swear I've heard before Obsidian Beach 01:50 PM, 02-16-2024 07:51 PM, 03-18-2024