Expert Intellectual (135)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
02-17-2024, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2024, 06:43 PM by Laeta. Edited 1 time in total.)
Art & Code © Skelle 2023

"Speech!"

Laeta was unbothered by Ember's questions. She was young and she was curious; after all, seeing a wolf so weak she could no longer move well on her own was cause for concern. And dear Ember was simply asking because she didn't know what had happened. Laeta had explained to her in simple terms, not because it was painful to speak of -- she made her own peace with her looming fate -- but because there was no need to say such graphic detail. As Ember matured she would certainly understand more about the realities of the world, but all she had toi worry about was her fighting lessons her father so dutifully brought upon her.

As Ember rushed off to work on her fight forms, Lae watched her briefly with a joyful glint in her still-bright eyes, hearing her remark as she left, "I'm glad you survived. You're too good to be killed and we love you too much for you to die." She couldn't bear give her a reply. Let her practice and grow and be happy. Let her not be wrought with the grief of an inevitable happening. Artorias then glanced over to her as they watched his daughter practice, and he leaned over and inquired as to when, exactly, she believed it would happen. Clearly out of earshot of the young girl. She simply smiled, offering a soft shrug of her bone-jutted shoulders. "It's hard to say. It could be tomorrow, in a week, maybe even two, if i'm lucky." Her eyes were still shimmering with absolute life and happiness as she looked back up at her beloved friend and leader. Someone like the rest of her pack she considered family. "All I know for certain is that, each day I am here is an absolute blessing. With you, your children..this whole pack. I've never been happier."
comin' up for air in the deepest of the deep ends
i thought i learned it all, but boom, the plot thickens
laeta has a european badger companion named melis. he can speak and is assumed to be with her at all times.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. we’ve had a good run, haven’t we? Amron's Castle 01:49 PM, 12-29-2023 10:12 AM, 03-31-2024