Master Fighter (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

ScarredCritical Fail!OverachieverSamhain 2022Statue 2 Worship
02-18-2024, 01:44 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2024, 02:02 AM by Rivin. Edited 1 time in total.)

The energy of the girl was something else. Though there had been lasting damage from the fight with the Ethne woman, Sid didn’t let it hold her back. Rivin admired the kid for that. She trailed after the girl, though blinked with surprise when she fell into the nettles. She waited for a moment, not wanting to baby her, but also ready to jump and help her if she needed a paw. To her relief Siduri seemed fine, and even more interesting, she made good on her bet. Rivin raised a brow, intrigued. “Ohh?” Since Sid seemed fine, she moved to the dock and began to carefully dig into the soil around the leaves. The method brought an amused chuckle to Rivin’s lips.

“Damn right it is! Guess I owe you that experimental lesson on amputation and healing it, huh?” Grinning widely, Rivin looked over at the kid. “I’ll make sure Lark catches us something big enough to work with. Lesson is on in two days. A promise.” The girl was smart, already picking up on ways to do healing on her own. Really made her wonder who the apprentice was going to be. “For now, this plant here is the dock. It is used on smaller injuries, like scratches, and on paw pads if you accidentally nick it on something.” She explained.

“Because it is sturdy and decently big, you can also use it to bundle herbs. Putting the herbs in a dock leaf and tying some horse tail around it makes them a bit easier to carry, especially if you have smaller plants that might get loose and fall out if you tried with the horsetail alone. Getting a bag can prevent that need altogether though. They are super useful to have on paw when coming to a place like this, where you can expect to gather a bunch of different kinds of herbs.” She motioned to the plants. “And digging around the plants can help preserve the roots, if they are needed. These ones are not, but I like to dig them up and pluck the leaves from the stem so they don’t tear. It is easier to do if the plant is loose.”

With a careful scoop of her paw, Rivin pulled the dock out of the ground and set to doing just that, nipping the leaves off at the ends with her teeth before gathering them to be placed in her bag.

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Rivin has two companions - a bobcat and a wolverine. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. I've got an unofficial apprentice! Fern Gulley 12:50 AM, 02-18-2024 07:52 PM, 03-18-2024