An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
TrenRanu

TeacherWinnerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Pride - DemisexualPride - BisexualPride - Demisexual
Double MasterWordyStudentBest BudsHomebodyRapid Poster - Rainbow
02-22-2024, 07:32 PM
Absinth's ears twitched as Elysia spoke, her emerald eyes searching the depths of Ely’s own. She couldn't shake the feeling of unease that coiled in the pit of her stomach at the mention of her father. The mere thought of him sent shivers down her spine, reminding her of the constant fear that had haunted her since she fled his grasp. Fear was an abhorrent thing. She did not want to feel it, she did not want to experience the weakness in it. But how could you expunge a base instinct? A primal one? The kind of thing that kept you alive, that silly fight or flight compulsion.

She listened intently to Elysia's words, her mind racing with a million possibilities of what could happen if her father ever found her. Would he drag her back to the life she had fought so hard to escape? Would he punish her for daring to defy him? The questions swirled in her head like a tempest, threatening to overwhelm her fragile sense of calm. She had gotten along well without him. He was just a man. A really fucking crazy man.

When Elysia offered her the names of their siblings, Absinth forced a tight smile, her voice low as she replied, "Thank you, Elysia. I’ll remember them.”She swallowed hard, willing herself to push aside her fears and focus on the bond she shared with her newfound, sort of sister. But try as she might, the gnawing sense of dread lingered, a constant reminder of the danger that lurked – but where?

Ely would make a bit of a joke, speaking as though she had never met Absinth before and it would split the monochromatic fae’s expression into amusement and curiosity. Defiance surged through her veins, emboldening her against her obvious worries as she reclaimed her confidence in part. Absinth took a breath, a calming one as she pushed back her paranoia. Stop. Don’t be a pussy. “I don’t doubt you have your demons as well. I would hate it if you did pity me, too. It’s just.. A shock. I thought I had run far enough. But maybe not. It’s… hard to think that he could come and destroy my life like so many of his other… obsessions. I would fight back. Don't doubt that, don't doubt me. But every fiber of my being want's to never have him set his gaze on me again. It's... it's perverse.” Absinth admitted, her eyes glancing up to Ely’s own, brows furrowing. What came as a surprise, and a rather pleasant one at that.. Was the sincerity Elysia showed her. Loyalty. Family. Both of those things she could expect from the Saxe woman. How strange. “I don’t have much in the way of friends, too offensive you see, but family... you sort of have to get along with me, don’t you?” Absinth grinned, a playful paw raising to nudge Ely’s shoulder. “I think you’ll find I’m hard to get rid of, my dear Elysia, once I’ve got my claws in you.” Emeralds flashed, impish and excitedly. She could think about it all more later, right now she just wanted to return to her enjoyable company.

wormwood

m o o d b o a r d 
Absi is a mature character. She's very vulgar and volatile. Discretion advised.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. I Wont Crucify The things You do The Polar Sound 02:01 PM, 12-31-2023 01:36 PM, 05-15-2024