size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
03-02-2024, 04:37 PM

Bantering back and forth with Chimera like this... it was refreshing. Artorias had been deprived of his friend's presence for far too long. Their causal chats on the beaches of Fenmyre just like they were chatting now came back to his mind, sending Art back in time to when he was much younger. Time was a funny thing that way. Chimera gave a hearty laugh and remarked that he simply couldn't keep his paws off of his wife, and the black and blue brute could only grin with understanding. He had indeed seen Aliana, and she was indeed a lovely fae and perfect for Chimera. It made him think of himself and Briar, how he couldn't get enough of his Deer Girl either. "Guess that's what we get for having women that are much too good for us," he remarked with a chuckle.

The two kings settled in overlooking the expansive ravine so they could catch up. Chimera, the taciturn brute that he was, answered his observation candidly. He had not chosen to take the reins of Ashen but by necessity. Venom had succumbed to a slip of sanity as the duo-toned brute phrased it, which was both reassuring and worrying simultaneously. It meant that Venom was still alive and (mostly) well, but Artorias also knew the dangers of mental illness and how they could ravage the mind as severely as the body. "We'll pray for her swift recovery. Please pass my regards on to her when you see her next. But you're right, Ashen needs strength in its leadership, and if Venom needed to step aside to recuperate, then this was the wisest choice for her and for the empire." As disappointing as it was to see such a paragon of regality fall, he knew it was for the best. Art just hoped Venom would one day collect herself enough to return to them as she was.

One of Chimera's mastiffs returned with a serving platter with drinks on them, offering the beverages to the two brutes. Artorias took his drink with a gracious tip of his head. The drink held a faintly sweet aroma, and when Chi introduced it as watermelon tea it all made sense. Art took a sip, letting the refreshing liquid wash over his palate with an appreciative hum. "I can see why. That's good stuff." Another sip of the tea before they got down to business. "I’m very glad to see you alive and well, my friend. I’ve missed your realness." There was a pause before Artorias continued, "And while I wish it was under better circumstances, we all make due with what we’re given. So what are your plans for Ashen while you’re holding the reins?" Artorias cast a curious glance at Chimera, silently wondering how much Ashen would be changing under his leadership. Would this be a rebirth of Fenmyre or would Chi stay the course Venom had set forth?

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Heard talk you were dead Cryer's Ravine 11:10 PM, 01-15-2024 08:11 AM, 05-06-2024