gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player

Samhain 2022
02-27-2024, 10:45 AM

Dorian gave a little nod when his mother told him that she didn't need anything in particular and allowed himself to fully settle back into his haunches. It wasn't as if he assumed his mother would only come to him if she needed something from him, but more often than not these days the only reason he was called for or someone came to him was tend to some injury or help someone in peril. It was a rare thing to have someone seek him out just to visit. She confirmed that thought, adding that she just wanted to share in his company since it had been a while since they had done so. That was certainly true–at the very least he hadn't been one on one with her since before she was swept away to the Hallows to get help. There was still a slightly bitter taste in his mouth about all of that–not because he wasn't grateful to the Hallows for being able to help his mother, but because his whole purpose behind learning what he had about healing and herbs was to help his family and if he couldn't help his mother when she needed it most then what was the point?

He shoved the thought away quickly and his gaze refocused on hers as she insisted that he should get some sleep if he needed it instead of spending time with her. He gave a little shake of his head as he replied, "I'm fine, I'd rather spend time with you." It wasn't as if he was really getting any sleep regardless. At least this way his time felt valuable instead of wasted laying in his den staring at the wall. He leaned gently into her shoulder as he asked, "How are you feeling?" He hadn't had a chance to really check in on her since she returned and it was far easier to focus on her than to try and talk about himself. "I'm glad you're back," he added with a little smile. He of course wanted her to take as much time as she needed to recuperate, but there had been a notable emptiness in her absence. He already had one parent that he couldn't get back, he wasn't ready to lose another just yet.

"Dorian Kedieo"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. I don't care if you're an adult, you'll always be my baby Cattail Creek 12:34 AM, 01-15-2024 04:42 PM, 05-12-2024