size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
03-02-2024, 04:36 PM

As he had suspected, the stranger introduced herself as Modesty, the new alpha of the Raiders. Artorias raised his brows in curiosity; he had thought Gilgamesh the leader of the Raiders. Had a falling out happened between the alpha couple of the once-pirates, or had something happened to Gilgamesh? Artorias had thought decently of the former Raid King from their limited interactions, but hearing that Modesty preferred diplomacy to violence was a refreshing change of pace from what the world had come to expect of the Raiders. Art listened politely and attentively while Modesty filled them in on the brief history of the Raiders, from the day Gilgamesh had taken over to them reclaiming the Archipelago and their tenets. To be honest, it was more than the Lord of Cinder had expected to ever hear from the Raiders' side, and it did give him an appreciation for the efforts they had made to distancing themselves from the reputation of ragtag hooligans the pirates had once been under Sparrow. That alone inspired more confidence in him that these wolves weren't entirely the same miscreants he had dealt with before.

Modesty wasn't done surprising him yet though, as she then presented the alpha couple with some gifts and her gratitude for how they had treated her children. Ah, so this was Siduri and Tarnish's mother! Artorias' face lit up with recognition, softening some with the kindred spirit shared between parents. Regardless of one's walk of life, the bonds between parent and child were universal, and Art understood how Mod was feeling. He had been having this exact same conversation with Hattori for saving his daughters. With her explanations concluded, Artorias turned his head skyward and whistled for his ravens, whispering a quiet command to the pair before they took off back to the castle. "Allow me to correct my introduction—welcome to the Hallows, Raid Queen Modesty. Your presence is welcomed and I think I speak for both Briar and I when I say we're glad to meet you." A simple enough beginning, but it felt fitting. This was the most civil any of the Raiders had ever been with them, save for maybe Siduri, but that girl could make friends with even an ornery badger she was so beguiling.

"Thank you for your gift, and for the invitation to visit your islands. It's been some time since the Lady and I have been there, and perhaps a vacation is in order..." Artorias trailed off with a little grin turned toward his wife, his bushy tail swaying over to brush against hers. "I have to give you credit, this is the first time any Raider or pirate has ever attempted to talk with us. I appreciate it, your efforts mean more to me than you know. I hope your children are well and Tarnish's wounds are healing quickly." It was a bit of bad business what happened between the pups and he wished a speedy recovery for the wily lad, but Artorias would not apologize for Nelu's actions when defending his home. He just hoped his son hadn't scarred hers in the process. "Here in the Hallows, all are welcome if they come in peace. Your children are included in that, even if they could learn why it's an important safety measure to let a pack know when you're at their borders." A chuckle rumbled in Art's chest, a smile on his face as he spoke the last sentence not with malice but with amusement, hoping Modesty didn't take it the wrong way. Her children had been a delightful surprise at the bonfire, and Sid again at the ball. Tarnish, however, still had some manners to learn it seemed.

Artorias lifted a paw and gently waved off Modesty's mention of owing debts of gratitude. "It costs nothing to be kind, nor is it a debt to be repaid, Modesty. Your children were curious and innocent, and they were our guests. We were happy to provide them a safe place to explore. Our own have a bit of fondness for Siduri in particular too. Though I do appreciate knowing we won't have to worry about any unexpected nightly visits from your wolves." The ravens returned then carrying a small wicker basket, bringing it down to present to Modesty. The basket itself held only a single bottle of Hallowed wine, but Art wasted no time in explaining. "We have a berry grove on the north end of our territory that has an abundance of fruits in it right now. You're welcome to help yourself to some to take home to your children and the rest of the pack. A token of our appreciation for the respite you've offered us. The wine... well, that's for you to enjoy." A playful wink from one alpha to another. Who said adults couldn't enjoy some treats of their own?

There was a moment of pause before Artorias decided to speak his mind on something he'd held in for some time. "I have to say, you and Gil have both been far better leaders than your predecessor. When I heard you had taken over the pirates, I feared the same antics we'd gotten from Sparrow. But I see a genuine care for your family and your pack, and your heart is in the right place, Modesty. And while I can hope our packs don't meet in the heat of battle, I understand you call yourselves Raiders for a reason. Just don't expect us to go easy on you if you do." Another flash of teeth in a good-humored grin and a light laugh from the Lord of Cinder. He liked Modesty. She gave off a good energy, very maternal and caring of her own. She would be a good alpha.

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. dally dilly dum The Starlit Plains 09:23 PM, 02-10-2024 02:56 PM, 05-20-2024