Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Indie

Rapid Poster - GoldHomebodyTeacherBest BudsDouble Master1K
Samhain 2022
03-02-2024, 09:33 AM
Aresenn listened intently to Elysia's words, impressed by her determination and foresight. Her desire to learn the craft of weapon and armor making resonated with his own belief in the importance of preparation and strategy. "Your initiative is commendable," Aresenn began, his voice low and stoic, but genuine in a sense. "Crafting weapons and armor is certainly a valuable skill- albeit a complex one, one that can greatly benefit the group. While I’m not an expert on the matter by any means, I can certainly point you in the right direction."

He paused for a moment, considering the best approach. "To start, we can explore the basics of weapon and armor construction. Understanding the materials and techniques involved is crucial. Then, we can delve into practical training." Aresenn nodded with his words, his gaze shifting to the surrounding forest as he began to describe the different materials used in crafting weapons and armor. "For weapons, the choice of material often depends on the intended use and desired characteristics. Common materials include various metals such as iron, steel, and bronze- all of which is difficult to come by. Iron is sturdy and relatively easy to work with, making it a popular choice for more blunt objects. Steel, on the other hand, is harder and more durable, making it suitable for weapons that require a sharp edge, like knives or swords. Bronze, while seemingly less common, is used for its strength and resistance to corrosion." In his previous life as a raiding pirate, he had seen a vast array of different weapons. Though they were mostly just stolen rather than made.

"As for armor, materials like leather and plate are commonly used. Leather provides flexibility and protection against cuts and abrasions, making it suitable for lighter armor pieces such as chest pieces or bracers- it’s also fairly easy to make all things considered. Plate armor, made of metal plates, provides the highest level of protection but can be heavy and restrict movement, so it's often used for chest plates or helmets." Aresenn paused, allowing Elysia to absorb the information before continuing. "Understanding the properties of these materials and how they can be manipulated is key to crafting effective weapons and armor … Practical training will involve working with these materials, shaping them, and understanding their strengths and weaknesses.” He allowed his voice to trail off, searching her expression for any sign of understanding before moving on.

"Aresenn Praetor"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. I Gotta recognize the weapon in my mind The Polar Sound 02:22 PM, 12-31-2023 06:06 AM, 03-23-2024