size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser

Pride - PansexualTeacherSamhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipDouble MasterWordy
03-05-2024, 09:37 PM

As all of her students picked apart their clay, sectioning the different colors they'd like to work with, mixing and melding, Halo finds herself pleased. She works away at a sample piece of her own, a little token to leave behind for Modesty when she was finished. The colors are pleasant, earthy, a gradient that comes together tidily. While Halo doesn't know her well, she does know how to create pretty things.

Kenway's question brings a smile to her face, warm. "Any plant-based colorant that's added now will burn off in the firing process. I can get them fired tonight, and we can paint them tomorrow afternoon if you'd like." Halo smiled. She's warm, perhaps happy to have a reason to stick around a bit longer. A little vacation, though Halo was spending it taking care of Dread and helping him set up his life here. Well, a change of scenery, then. She'd be careful not to overstay her welcome, but it had been a long walk after all.

Making her rounds to each student, Halo finally sees Sakana up close. Her eyes go wide, realizing at once. "You... are taller, now. I-- your joints, are you okay? I brought herbs, and seeds, and all sorts of things. For you, and the Raiders, and your friend with the cough." Concern in her gaze as she looks, carefully over the man. Well, Basilisk had a similar growth spurt after maturity, it wasn't impossible. No, just uncommon. "We can make some paints, too." A little smile, before reminding herself there's a lesson at hand. Right, yes. Sidetracked? Halo? Always.

"Alright my friends, the next step is going to be forming our beads. We want to make tubes that are as even as possible, so we can slice it evenly too. The more even they are, the better they'll bake. If your clay is cracking, dab a little water-- not too much though, it's hard to take away if you add too much." Halo carefully looks among them, demonstrating mostly by feel. Looking down to check at the little rolls of clay. Not too bad, but she'd make sure they were perfect, a really nice example. Then, carefully demonstrating the slicing process, lined up against a stick with perfectly even markings. Made things easier, with a guide.

"We're going to poke a hole through them, so we want shapes that start off as round. You can play and form your beads, but I'd recommend keeping them all similar, again to keep the baking time even across the lot." A kind smile, and a wag of her tail, to her students. Halo began making her rounds again, as Mr. Raccoon began dutifully assisting in slicing her example set.

"Speech"

[Image: m4UQRpx.png]
[Image: nvtQgrf.gif]

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. starships is going to be stuck in my head for the next week bc of this Dove Island Archipelago 11:20 PM, 03-04-2024 05:27 AM, 05-01-2024