gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

03-10-2024, 08:50 PM

Mariah felt a surge of hope as Iolaire motioned her to sit beside the stream. She settled herself on a nearby rock, facing the older fae, grateful for the opportunity to share her burden. "Thank you," she began, her voice tinged with a mix of gratitude and desperation. "My name is Mariah." She took a deep breath, composing herself before delving into her tale.

"As I understand, I was born healthy. Not any different than my sibling." she explained, her silver eyes fixed on Iolaire's. "But after birth, this condition made itself known, and it has slowly gotten worse over time. No matter how much I eat, my body just... wastes away. I’ve tried different diets. Different sources of protein. Limited proteins. Limited solids- that seemed to slow regression, but didn’t halt it. I've tried various remedies, tonics, teas … but nothing has worked."

Mariah paused, her gaze shifting to the babbling stream beside them. "I don't understand it. I eat plenty, I rest, If I eat too much, it causes pain in my abdomen. But most don’t have to gorge themselves to excess in order to survive. I take care of myself... but nothing changes. The emaciation causes other symptoms- I’m fatigued all the time. I just … I just don’t know." She looked back at Iolaire, her eyes pleading for understanding. She didn’t realize how badly she needed someone to understand her. Even if it was a crotchety old woman whom she was never going to see again.

"Mariah Mendacium"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. I don't know you, but do you know me? Serpent Plains 11:18 AM, 03-04-2024 06:12 AM, 03-23-2024