ardent

I'll Look Through Their Eyes, and I'll Know What They See.

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
03-18-2024, 09:49 PM

No sooner had he finished asking his dreaded question, the soft sound of paws on the grass came up beside him, and Artorias turned his head to greet Briar with the same heartbroken look. He supported Briar as she leaned into him, taking as much comfort from her presence as she did in his. This was not going to be an easy conversation for the doting father, but he knew it was one that had to happen sooner or later. Talyssa didn't answer his question immediately, and instead her dainty paws reached up towards them, a silent request for an embrace. Artorias didn't hesitate for even a second before stepping forward to throw his strong forelegs around his beloved little girl—not quite so little anymore—and pulled her tight to his chest, surrounding her with all the love and comfort a parent could give to their child. That was what broke the usually austere brute. The moment Taly was in his arms, faintly glowing teal tears cut their way down his cheeks, his vision blurring as the tears welled up in his amber eyes. But these were not tears of sorrow or mourning. These were tears of pride, from a father watching his child grow into something beautiful, something wonderful, something extraordinary!

Talyssa broke apart from the embrace first, and as much as he didn't want to let her go, Artorias did let his strong forearms fall from around her. She spoke to them in their native tongue, reassuring them that this wasn't for good and it wasn't a permanent goodbye, just a chance for her to go discover herself and the world and to begin a new chapter in her life. That promise, knowing that this wasn't the last time he was ever going to see his little girl again, did wonders to calm down Artorias' anxiousness. He and Briar would see her again someday when she was ready to return home. They weren't losing Talyssa, just giving her some freedom to be herself. As she looked to the horizon, the great dire wolf sire's amber eyes followed his daughter's clear blue ones to that distant line, and a kindred spirit flourished between them. She was just like he had been when he was her age. Wanderlust and the passion for adventure and discovery still coursed through his veins. It was no surprise where she had gotten this drive from... like father, like daughter.

Talyssa again declared her love for both of them, making Artorias' heart swell and ache at the same time. But despite the tumultuous emotions, the Lord of Cinder couldn't help but beam oh so proudly at his princess, no longer a young girl but a blossoming young woman, a fae any sire would be dead chuffed to call his flesh and blood. Those glowing tears continued to fall from his eyes while she spoke of making them proud and returning with new stories, better than she was now. Artorias took in a long, deep breath, held it in his lungs, then slowly exhaled in a heavy sigh. He nodded his head—but he wasn't quite ready to let Taly leave just yet. "Give me a moment, Talyssa." Artorias turned and sprinted back towards the castle, nimble paws carrying him swiftly across the distance and back into their home, up the stairs and to his chambers where he opened a wardrobe and began to fetch some supplies he'd kept stowed away for this exact moment. Then he headed back down to the rookery, whistled to one of the ravens, and ran back to where Talyssa and Briar were waiting at the border, the inky black raven gliding through the air along with him.

Artorias slowed his gait to a trot as he returned, a bundle of black fabric folded across his back and the raven coming to alight on his shoulders. The great dire wolf grabbed the fabric and handed it over to Talyssa. It was a finely woven hooded wool cloak, made from the pack's alpacas, dyed black and hemmed with vivid orange trimmings to represent the Hallows' colors. Atop the folded cloak sat a Carpathian steel brooch shaped in the form of mountain peaks—the Carpathian family's sigil. "I had these made for you all once winter came, but I suppose you'll be spending this one gods knows where. The least I can do is help keep you warm, and give you something to remember home by," he said with a chuckle, weakened a little by his heavy emotions. Gods dammit, he was doing his best to keep it together and not start crying again! His paw tapped the brooch. "Wherever you go, never forget who you are, Taly. You have many friends out there. Your name can be a powerful tool in the right circumstances." Art then looked back at the raven, who gave a croak and hopped from Artorias' back over to Talyssa's, studying the young she-wolf with rich sapphire eyes. "This is Cercetaș. He's the most intelligent flier of all Corbin and Eira's chicks. No matter where you go in Ardent, he will be able to guide you back home. And if you ever need to reach us, no matter where you are, send him with a message. We will come for you, no questions asked." Artorias wanted Talyssa to know that she could come to them for help without judgment at any time if she ever needed it. The Lord looked at Cercetaș with a more serious look—look after my daughter it said.

And that was that. With their last gifts given to ensure Talyssa had a safe and comfortable journey, all that was left was to say their goodbyes. Artorias' throat felt tight as he just stared at Talyssa, looking at her like she might disappear if he dared to blink. "Fetița mea. Te iubim atât de mult și o vom face mereu." Artorias moved in for one last hug, reaching for Talyssa so he could embrace her once more before he let her go for gods knew how long. "We have always been proud of you, Taly. From the day you were born, you've made me the happiest father alive. I know you're going to do amazing things and I can't wait to see who you become when you do return. Just promise us you'll always be safe. Be kind and optimistic, but be wary of others' motives. Remember that a little suspicion can keep you safe. Trust, but always verify. Trust your instincts and follow your heart. And never, ever believe you are anything less than incredible." Artorias looked down at Talyssa, the tears threatening to spill over his eyelids once more as he smiled, then nodded his head. "Go be incredible, Talyssa Carpathius. We'll be here waiting to hear all about it when you come home."

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Eira" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. I'll Look Through Their Eyes, and I'll Know What They See. Amron's Castle 03:13 PM, 01-06-2024 02:56 PM, 05-20-2024