size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
03-21-2024, 05:24 PM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2024, 05:26 PM by Artorias. Edited 1 time in total.)

The young fae introduced herself as Bellatrix Ravenwood and Artorias instantly recognized the family name. Beauregard's family; one of his children, no doubt. The news she delivered to him was grim and both shocked and enraged the Lord of Cinder, clenching his heart with ice and igniting a fire in his belly. A pack of barbarians kidnapped the pup at her side, then held him hostage to usurp Norad. Artorias' mind was swiftly making connections between the otherwise circumstantial—the group of wolves passing by their borders, the scent of Sephiran returning to Auster, and now a child kidnapped and threats of violence levied against a peaceful pack to overthrow it. There was no doubt in his mind that this was no chance turn of events. This had the stink of Sephiran all over it and it made the usually peaceful brute livid. Fire burned in his amber eyes, brow knitting together to narrow his stare to points the more Bellatrix spoke. Hearing that Beau had stayed behind to finish negotiating with the fiend did not bode well for his safety.

Artorias didn't speak the entire time Bellatrix did, letting her fill in all the gaps with necessary intel. Her righteous fury was well deserved, and the hate he saw burning in her young eyes spoke volumes. She wanted to go back and fight. It reminded him of himself at her age, harboring an anger and an idealistic belief that he could do anything. He did not want to deny the girl her chance at vengeance, but the cooler part of his brain warned him about letting her get involved. She was a hair trigger away from exploding, and if Sephiran and his wolves hadn't killed Beauregard already, charging in there teeth and claws bared most certainly would spell his doom. Amidst her rage, Haydée appeared, responding to Norad's call for aid and offering them asylum in Ethne. Artorias nodded to her, but took note of the fresh wounds littering her face. His brows narrowed in concern. She asked to speak with him later and the Aegis simply nodded. What had she been up to?

"I feel your anger, Bellatrix. It is righteous and just, but you must temper it for now, or else you risk letting it take control. If you go back and confront them alone, you risk your life and potentially your father's life too," he cautioned the girl, his head lowered and voice a low rumble so only she could hear him. He admired what she was doing by rallying her pack, but her energy and efforts needed to be turned towards protecting what remained of Norad first and seeking retribution second. "Haydée is right. Your wolves are confused and scared. They need a leader to guide them and keep them together. Focus on that first." Artorias rose back up to his full height and surveyed the gathered wolves, dipping his head to Tanelan in greeting. "I wish the same, friend. What matters is that you're all safe." All except... that was when Art spotted the fallen alpha as he trudged into the group. Relief washed over his soul; Beauregard was alive.

Beauregard reiterated the need to not retaliate, then explained to the Hallows and Ethne alphas what had occurred. Artorias listened with a steely gaze and clenched jaw while Beau painted a grisly picture for them. A dozen wolves had come to kill them, threatening them out of their home and laying claim to their pack rights. That was all Artorias needed to hear. "Beauregard, you and Haydée rally the rest of your wolves and get them somewhere safe. My wolves will make sure those savages don't attempt to cause any more harm." And he'd have a nice little chat with Sephiran Saxe while he was at it... Artorias knew there was only so much that he could do to aid given the circumstances, but letting Sephiran get away with this atrocity to his friends scot-free was not something he was about to let happen.

Dismissing himself from the group, Artorias ran back up the beachhead back towards Hearthstone. He was going to need his sword and a couple of friends for this next part.

- exit Artorias -

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. I cant be anybody else! The Shimmering Shore 12:55 AM, 03-20-2024 01:28 PM, 05-12-2024