gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

03-22-2024, 09:59 AM

A soft chuckle slipped from her lips, the sound resonating in the intimate space between their bodies. "No, I don’t doubt your capabilities- not for a moment." The words slipped out tinged with affectionate rebuke, her nails trailing a comforting path along his scarred skin. She leaned in closer, until her breath was a gentle whisper against his ear. "But since you seem to hold little concern for yourself, it looks like I’m going to have to be concerned enough for the both of us." She pulled back then, meeting his gaze with a teasing grin. The weight of their dire circumstances seemed to recede a little, replaced by the comforting familiarity of their easy banter and shared moments of intimacy. Despite the chaos that encroached upon them, they both found a brief respite within the confines of this stolen moment. The world beyond them could wait. At least for a little while longer.

At his words, Mariah felt a thrill rush through her veins, electrifying every nerve and every cell of her body. His touch ignited an insatiable desire within her, a hunger for his presence that was both intoxicating and terrifying. There was something about him that drew her in irresistibly, like the scent of a flower leading a bee to its pollen. Yet, at the same time, there was an underlying threat, a looming catastrophe that could crush her if she was not careful. Now that she had him- he was a fixture of her life, she couldn’t imagine what it would possibly be like without him.

She met his gaze with equal intensity, searching the depths of his emerald eyes for any sign of insincerity. There was none, only undeniable truth. Caedes' admission of his desire for her, no matter the cost, was a palpable force between them. His boldness made her heart flutter in helpless delight. She regarded him with a mischievous smirk, fully aware of the power she held over him. "Well then," she said, her voice oozing with sarcasm, "I suppose I should continue to deprive you – for your own good." His hand on her cheek sent shivers down her spine, its roughness a stark contrast to her smooth skin. Mariah couldn’t help but lean into his touch, reveling in the sensations that it stirred within her. Perhaps she was a little deprived as well.

Mariah's heart quivered at his words, his promises. The stark sincerity in his eyes was disarming, melting away her defenses. She felt a flutter of anticipation as his fingers danced across her skin with an intimacy that both thrilled and terrified her. His touch was a dangerous remedy, beckoning her to the edge of a precipice she feared to fall from yet yearned to jump into.

Her gaze shifted towards the raven with his gesture, it was magnificent and daunting with a mask that was grandeur personified. Much like Caedes himself. The promise of his message brought a glimmer of hope in her eyes, a comforting thought amidst the chaos. His request though, was a heavier burden than he could possibly fathom. She found it far easier to ensure his safety than her own. Yet the intensity of his plea, the firm grip of his hand around hers, and the deep, inalienable concern in his eyes stirred something within her – a will to survive, an unyielding determination to keep herself safe for him. "I promise," she said, an ironclad resolve stealing her voice. The corners of her mouth quirked upwards in a wry half-smile. "Although I must say, it's rarely my intention to find myself in harm's way at all. But then again, you likely won’t find me on the initiating side of a hostile takeover.” It was meant out of amusement, but even still, she felt she was speaking a genuine truth. It wasn't like she was in any danger of storming the front lines any time soon.

"Mariah Mendacium"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. If We Don't Leave This Town Weeping Woods 05:27 PM, 03-14-2024 06:30 AM, 04-11-2024