size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
03-23-2024, 07:29 AM
Corbie lifted her head to listen as a call rang out, then sighed, ears flicking back. That Medusa... Well, she'd wanted practice raids to keep her wolves sharp, but she didn't know for sure that Medusa really knew what counted as a "practice" raid as opposed to a real raid, and could only hope that Medusa would keep her wolves in check. Ren, who'd been scouting on the border, raced up panting with numbers as Corbie finished calling the pack together, gathering them in the sheep pasture because if Medusa really was raiding, that's the resource that was most obvious - and irreplaceable - choice. "First, I want to assure you all that this is most likely just a drill. It's a small raid group from Insomnia," she told them all, "and keep in mind that they aren't hostile." Just not super bright, which was a worry in and of itself. "We will match them in numbers and force, no more, but I want you to otherwise treat it like any other raid. I need four volunteers to come with me to fight them off. I want the rest of you to secure the pack lands and assets in case this was just a feint."

She pushed away the urge to bite her lip, concerned that they hadn't done much to really prepare since the last, failed defense... but that was what this was for, wasn't it? To prepare for more hostile packs and groups who might mean them real harm. She steeled herself and, with her four volunteers, set off to intercept the group before they could enter the sheep pasture fence. "Medusa," she called out, dryly. "I suppose there's not a better time to do this, so let's get it over with, shall we?" Offering a tight smile - she really didn't enjoy fighting - she settled herself into that half-hunting crouch, half-fighting stance that was uniquely her style, squaring off with the other pack. While alpha vs alpha was apparently traditional in these situations, she did not attack Medusa, but just waited for someone to come to her, for her own pack members to choose who they wanted to attack, letting the chips fall as they may. She didn't have anything to prove to herself or anyone else that she needed to fight the other alpha, if someone else wanted to they were just as welcome to it.
unless otherwise stated, Corbie's kinkajou companion is with her at all times

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Can We Borrow A Cuppa Sheep?! The Range 12:29 AM, 03-23-2024 12:41 AM, 05-07-2024