gems
size
Extra large
build
Light

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipScarredVengeanceCritical Observation!1K
Christmas 2019Trick 2019
04-10-2024, 06:21 AM

The man spoke, but Bellamy would not allow his venom to injure her. Gilgamesh spoke of needing to speak to Haydee, but the man had crossed into their borders. Did he truly not expect to be confronted for trespassing? For a moment Bellamy is quiet, allowing her daughter to speak. Her daughter is right. The only reason that the Raider was not met with force is because the two Leaders want to end this, to try a diplomatic approach. Clearly fighting wasn’t getting them anywhere - did Gilgamesh not see that? If they continued to fight, to maim each other, this would only serve to be a war for years to come. Bellamy straightens, gaze fixed on him. She intends to speak, but she trusts her daughter… even if she doesn’t agree with how she is handling things completely. But a part of Bellamy still feels that if she had simply gone to the Raiders after this whole mess that… that maybe this could have been avoided. Her daughter never should have been the one to bear the weight of it.

The demand causes Bellamy to bristle, and as her daughter finishes, Bellamy speaks up once more. “It is clear you don’t give much stock to what I’ve to say, but I’m going to say it anyway.” The woman rumbled. “The reason I called our wolves back is not because we are afraid to fight - no, Ethne wolves will proudly stand for their own and fight for all they have. We strive to be good, but we are not considered a lawful pack.” She takes a breath. “But I need you to understand that you are asking the wrong wolf to apologize for a crime she didn’t commit. Just because you are an alpha you are not responsible for every action a wolf does, especially a damned adult. If you were, I'd have been knocking at your borders far before this conflict for Ignis Praetor.” Bellamy shook her head.

“My daughter is not responsible for the actions of a grown adult in her pack, alpha or not, no more than I would expect you to be. However… That is not to say a wolf should not be responsible. Hay seems against the idea that I allow myself to be in the line of fire at all… but at the end of the day, regardless of what caused my reaction or why those circumstances arose… I maimed a child. Your child. Whether or not you believe me - I carry guilt and sorrow for what happened to her. This is why I approached you today. I’m tired of my daughter carrying my burden for me, especially when it is not her sin to bear. While she could apologize for me, for Ethne, it is not the level of apology you need.” The woman glances at her daughter. She knows their views are conflicting, however, she is adamant about this.

“When I say I want this to end with me, I mean it. I started it, I should end it… best that I can. No amount of verbal apologies can fix what happened to your girl, but all the same I am deeply sorry.” Her gaze flicks back to Gilgamesh. “So please, answer me truly… is an apology from my daughter what you truly need to feel that this is at an end? Or do you truly need an eye for an eye from me?” Her words remain calm, if not tired. “Or rather… What does your daughter need? I may have fucked up, but I am not completely heartless… If your daughter wishes for one of my own eyes as reparation… she can be the one to take it.” She is sure that neither Haydee or Dagrun would like this option... but Bellamy needs peace in this situation herself. Allowing Haydee to continue to carry the weight of what she has done will only continue to drive her mad... and maybe, if she does give up an eye, it will finally allow her to get some closure about all of this.

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Bellamy has two companions - a Tasmanian devil and an American badger. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. i didn't think i needed to tell you twice Lazuli Falls 11:59 AM, 04-05-2024 12:15 PM, 04-24-2024