size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
04-26-2024, 03:03 PM

The last thing Artorias had been expecting following the alphas' meeting was a missive from Raider's Hollow. While he didn't think they had become enemies or anything of the sort, Modesty had clearly left the summit feeling a certain way, not that he could blame her for the way she was feeling in the wake of everything that her pack and family had been through. He had known having both Ethne and the Raiders sitting at the same table had been a gamble to try and keep the peace, one that had unfortunately not paid off. While blood had not been spilled, the stances of both sides had been made clear. Artorias had done all he could do; now the fates of both sides would be left in their own paws and the will of the gods. Still, receiving a personal invitation to speak with the Raid Queen was a pleasant surprise, and with a quick reply sent across the channel, Artorias made preparations to go visit the Hollow. The Hallows and the Hollow... how fittingly similar their names were.

The trip up across the Bifröst was quick and uneventful, and the Lord of Cinder arrived at the Hollow as twilight advanced and night began to claim the land. Around his neck he carried a small bag with a bottle of wine, never one to turn up without a gift for his hosts. He'd already notified his wife that he would be out until tomorrow, so he had all the time in the world to spend having a heart to heart with Modesty. A gentle call in the evening air announced his presence, and when he received permission to enter, the Lord followed his way around the curve of the beach until he found the violet galactic woman laid out on the beach by a campfire, drinks ready to be consumed. The sight brought a little half smile to Art's lips; were this any other circumstances, drinks by firelight out on a moonlit beach would have been quite a romantic gesture. He knew the truth though—Modesty was in mourning. His heart ached for her loss.

Approaching with paws gently crunching the soft sands below, Artorias regarded Modesty with warm eyes and a lopsided smile. "Good evening, Your Grace. May I join you?" he teased her playfully, stepping over to lie down near her by the fire. His massive body hit the sand with a sigh, stretching out to get comfy with her while he slipped the bag off of his neck and placed it beside her. "I figured you probably have much stronger stuff than this already, but I'd be loathe to show up empty-pawed." The vintage of red wine he'd given her was one of his favorites—and one of their rarer ones, as it was quite a bit tricky to produce right. Golden amber eyes turned from Modesty up to the beautiful light show in the sky, the bands of auroras dancing over their heads amidst the glow of a full moon. "Truly a beautiful night... But my instincts tell me you asked me over for more than just watching the lights." Keen eyes turned back to his fellow alpha and friend, almost glowing in the firelight. Mod was not one to shy away from sharing her thoughts; he knew she'd tell him what was on her mind soon enough.

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Eira" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. r/AmItheAsshole Cryer's Ravine 05:27 AM, 04-25-2024 04:51 PM, 07-18-2024