size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
05-04-2024, 03:47 PM

A barking laugh escaped Artorias as Modesty cleverly quipped back with a very true statement about the Raiders' usual modes of operating being counter to usual pack etiquette. She had him there, he could not deny that! "Touché, Modesty. You make a fair point." He was glad to hear their offered fruits would be well received by the Raiders, particularly by Modesty's son who apparently had the makings of a sommelier in him. The Raid Queen's quite honest and brutally blunt responses were a refreshing change to the usual cordial conversations he was used to others having with him as an alpha, so to hear her regard her son's attempts at brewing as dirt-flavored, it delighted the Hallows alpha. He appreciated Modesty's down to earth realness. "I'll be sure to point him in my wife's direction if he wants to learn the ways of brewing," he joked back with the violet-hued woman, but there was earnestness in his humor. The Hallows was a place open to all if they came in peace—Raiders now included too. If their child wished to learn from them, he would be welcomed to study.

Artorias' brow quirked at the mention of an inevitable raid at some point in the future. So the new Raiders wanted to try their paws at surpassing the castle walls their predecessor pirates could not? Well, the Lord of Cinder welcomed the challenge. "To that, we agree. My wolves will only meet threat and force with force, and I would also like to keep it friendly. Gods know we've seen enough wanton bloodshed. And I appreciate your offer of forewarning, though if you'd like to let your wolves try out their stealthiness, I won't begrudge you coming by for a 'surprise visit'. Just don't expect us to go down easy." A raid in good fun was good and all, but knowing exactly when it was coming removed the element of surprise and would be a disservice to his own warriors if they were given time to over prepare. He shot Mod back a playful grin; if she wanted a raid, she'd get her money's worth.

As their meeting drew to a conclusion, Art returned Mod's polite head dip. He had very much enjoyed getting to meet the Raid Queen and the new leader of the Raiders. "Likewise, thank you for your visit, Modesty. It's been enlightening to get to know you." At the mention of their packs' histories, Artorias waved a paw and shook his head. "Times change, and wolves along with them. Let's let history stay in the past where it belongs and let bygones be bygones. I'd enjoy more meetings of our families in the future. I think there's much we can share with one another." Pausing for a moment to look at Briar, then back to Modesty again, Art gestured towards Hearthstone across the plains. "You're welcome to stay for the evening if you'd like. You can rest and begin your return journey home in the morning when you're refreshed." How far the Lord of Cinder had come from his younger, more temperamental years—willingly inviting a Raider into his castle for the first time ever.

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. dally dilly dum The Starlit Plains 09:23 PM, 02-10-2024 02:56 PM, 05-20-2024