size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
05-04-2024, 04:01 PM

Artorias is pleased to see Bellamy is still in the mood to crack self-deprecating jokes, and he chuckles along with her. She honors him by deigning him one of the few wolves beyond her family to know of the struggles she went through. Artorias nodded; he had watched how she'd suffered to grief and watched how she'd risen above it. As she continues on to explain the quirks of her mind, the Lord of Cinder listens closely, all attention paid to his guest while she sought out the words she wanted to say. The affliction she described of her mind sounded all too familiar to Artorias. They sounded just like the symptoms he had watched his late mother suffer through just before her demise. It brought a concerned frown to the man's lips, brow furrowing as he continued to listen quietly.

Artorias gave Bellamy all the time she needed to tell her story to him—of her first instance of losing herself in battle, of the latest instance where a child had been harmed. Yes, Art knew of what had occurred at the first Ethne-Raiders raid. Haydée had informed him of it, though he did not give away his knowledge. He did not want to put Bellamy in the position of feeling embarrassment for his prior knowledge, especially given how much strength it took her to say to him here and now. He could see the guilt in her eyes, in her body language. She was remorseful for the damage done, but remorse did not mend, it only destroyed the one possessing it. Bells filled him in on the outcomes that followed—Haydée's maiming trying to settle the matter, her request to go find the punishment herself, her daughter's refusal and the subsequent raid that had also gone poorly in Ethne's favor, and finally to her guilt surrounding the future of Ethne.

A deep sigh slipped past the alpha's lips as he considered the circumstances Bellamy found herself in. They were... certainly not good. But he did not think they were as bleak as she made it out to be. "Ethne has found itself in quite the debacle..." he agreed with a pensive nod of his head, leaning back to rest on his haunches. "Do you want my thoughts on the matter, or would you prefer I be an audience to release your emotions and speak your mind to?" Artorias would give Bellamy whatever she desired—if it was an ear to listen and a shoulder to cry on, he would support his fellow alpha without judgment or scorn. If she wanted his insight, he would be happy to offer it to her, but he would not do so unsolicited. Bellamy had to want it for it to matter.

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Eira" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. I seek the opinion of one unbiased Amron's Castle 10:47 PM, 03-30-2024 02:56 PM, 05-20-2024