size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
05-05-2024, 09:45 PM

As soon as he spoke in those low, grumbling baritones, the giant polar bear excused herself with Haydée and then left in a hurry. Artorias was surprised to see the big ass bear turn tail and leave so quickly, but perhaps he had overestimated the bear's intimidation factor. Burning amber eyes returned to Haydée once more as she wilted under his terse words, but the Lord of Cinder says nothing, still waiting for the Ethne Leader to answer his question. When she does, she tells him a disturbing tale of Gilgamesh trespassing into Ethne lands, the confrontation that followed, and the subsequent violence that proceeded it. Through it all, Artorias paid close attention to how Haydée portrayed everything—including how she made sure to emphasize that Gil had been the aggressor throughout. Perhaps that was true, or perhaps it was an over exaggeration of the facts. Artorias had not known Gilgamesh to be blatantly violent, but he also knew of the bad blood between the Raiders and Ethne.

Haydée ended her tale with a plea for help from the Hallows' healers to ensure Gilgamesh didn't die. The Lord's mouth set into a thin, hard line while he considered his options. The wolf at Hay's side backed her up—as expected—and his words turned the Hallows alpha's fire-toned eyes over to him. Something in the way he spoke rubbed Artorias the wrong way. "A wolf's life is on the line at your pack's paws and you're worried about how him dying will look on you rather than whether he lives or dies?" His words are hard, sharp to convey the severity of the situation that he seemed so indifferent to. "Instead of worrying whether he'll be made a martyr, worry over making sure he lives. Because if he dies, martyrdom will be the least of your concerns." If Gilgamesh died, Artorias had no doubts that all of Raiders Hollow would burn Ethne to the ground.

Breathing a sigh, Artorias once more turned his sharp gaze back to Haydée. He was no healer like his sister was, but he knew enough about head injuries from his own he had sustained as a yearling to know they were always serious. "Haydée, you know I like you and your mother. You know I'm invested in your leadership. But now you're asking me to put my own wolves in the middle of this feud between you and the Raiders by asking us to help fix the consequences of your pack's actions." Artorias let Haydée digest his words. If Gilgamesh died while in the care of his healers, would they be held culpable for his death? "Is he conscious? Is he responsive or able to be moved?" When Haydée confirmed both points negative, Art heaved another sigh and shook his head. "I will send one of my healers down to help stabilize him and make sure he isn't dying. But I want your solemn vow that if he perishes, the Hallows will not be held liable. These are Ethne's consequences to handle. But I will do what I can to help an injured wolf." This was the only compromise Artorias was willing to make. He would not put his wolves in jeopardy for someone else. If Gil could be stabilized enough to relocate him to the Hallows, then things would be different, and he would give them the same opportunities he gave the Raiders.

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. The Silence Is Killing Me Amron's Castle 03:35 PM, 04-20-2024 09:39 PM, 09-02-2024