gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Res
05-08-2024, 08:43 PM

Fever began kneading at the ground between her mother's paws from sheer excitement. Ava explained that these were fireflies and that was why the lake got its name. Her mother then called her a firefly and Fever giggled softly, leaning back against her mother. "I'm a wolf, momma," the girl snickered, patting her mother's foreleg as though comforting her for not knowing that. "Papa's papa(Al's dad) says I'm a monster though," she continued speaking with no real thought or filter as only a child can. "He says all three of us are monsters." Nothing about this seemed odd to the girl, of course.

As she watched the fireflies, Fever wondered if she could blink like them too. The girl concentrated hard, staring at the glowing lights. Her golden eye began to shine brightly, then dim, then shine brightly, then dim. "Momma! I can do it! Maybe I am a firefly after all!" The tiny girl rushed away from her mother, running along the bank of the lake. She bounced and blinked and giggled and glowed. She was a firefly!

"Fever Mendacium"